Intermountain Healthcare Administrative Assistant - SelectHealth in Murray, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
This position will provide administrative support to the Medicare Administration and Medicare Sales departments (five leaders). The posiition will schedule meetings, coordinate schedules, and take meeting minutes. Additionally, this position will support the creation of materials for SelectHealth members and internal strategic visuals such as huddle boards. Additional duties to include tracking sales activity, coordinating sales leads, and assisting with broker communications.
The Administrative Assistant III provides and oversees a full range of clerical and specialized administrative functions of a critical and highly confidential nature for a director, multiple managers / physicians, major service line, multiple departments, multiple sites, or multiple functions, and/or projects that are highly complex in scope and nature. This role is assigned to those with a primary responsibility to provide administrative support such as preparing and composing correspondence, memoranda, reports, etc. Screens telephone calls, receives and directs visitors, resolves routine inquiries, schedules and maintains calendar of appointments and schedules, sets up meetings and travel itineraries and coordinates related arrangements, prepares and distributes minutes of meetings, and operates a personal computer and appropriate software to create documents, presentations, reports, etc. Assists in department programs, projects, and processes.
Essential Job Duties
The Administrative Assistant III performs a majority of the following job essentials:
1. Performs a full range of clerical functions, assisting the department director or multiple managers in planning, organizing, implementing, and accomplishing department day-to-day functions and goals to relieve and assist the director or managers of complex details and advanced administrative duties. Makes interpretations and recommendations. May develop appropriate methods to handle information.
2. Greets customers, receives and screens incoming calls, answers routine inquiries, and routes calls to appropriate individual in a courteous and efficient manner.
3. Distributes, educates, and explains processes and paperwork to patients and/or customers. Responds to requests for information and appropriately releases information based on policy, ensuring customer requests and work assignments are prioritized and completed correctly and efficiently.
4. Collects information, compiles data from multiple sources at all organizational levels, searches and investigates information, and makes and checks routine calculations for specified forms, report formats, presentations, or other documents requiring specific knowledge of functional operations. Plans the layout of complex reports, proposals, and presentations. Proof-reads and completes documents, checking for accuracy. Coordinates collection and preparation of operating reports.
5. Executes special or continuous research and data analysis. Analyzes problems, determines approach, compiles and analyzes data, and prepares reports / recommendations for action by manager / director. Enters data and manages information in a database. Maintains complex files and records. Maintains and updates department resources and tools such as employee lists, referral lists, phone lists, organizational charts, or other department information.
6. May assist in financial or budget information or preparation. Prepares analyses of information or data.
7. Types materials in final form from very rough or involved drafts which may utilize frequent use of technical terminology and statistical data.
8. Prepares, sends, sorts, and distributes mail.
9. Utilizes and provides basic maintenance for all office equipment including computers, scanners, phones, fax machines, printers, and copiers. Ensures the office equipment and facility / work area is in proper working condition. Contacts the appropriate service provider (i.e. housekeeping, computer support, or office equipment vendor) to resolve any issues that arise. Coordinates regular maintenance as needed.
10. Prioritizes and manages leaders' calendars to ensure business objectives are met. Schedules and confirms appointments, meetings, and travel arrangements. Uses judgment in matters affecting supervisor's calendar. Coordinates activities between departments and outside parties.
11. Provides support for meetings including preparing agendas, reserving rooms, sending appointments, coordinating catering, recording and distributing minutes. Sets up and trouble shoots phone, video, and web conferencing effectively.
12. Orders, stocks, monitors, and maintains adequate office and other supply inventory levels.
13. Independently investigates assigned problems, determining method of research, data, and information requirements as well as analysis techniques.
14. Tactfully handles difficult situations with staff and customers while remaining positive and professional. When needed, escalates issues to the appropriate staff member.
15. May provide medical transcription for clinical staff. Transcribes medical reports.
16. May act as a timekeeper and ensures timely and accurate submission of payroll information.
17. May complete accounts payable, billing, and purchasing processes according to policy.
18. May screen and interview job applicants and orient new employees. May provide work leadership for other support staff members.
19. May serve as administrative liaison with others within and outside the company regarding administrative issues related to operations. Advises others on policies or issues, using judgment and discretion.
20. May have contact with firms, organizations, or individuals from outside the company for coordination purposes.
- Entry Rate : $19.11 or more, depending on experience
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details : Full-time, 40 hours/week.
- Department: SelectHealth - Murray, Utah
- Four years of experience working in an office setting, working in a clerical position with keyboarding and data entry responsibilities, or working in customer service.
- Experience with leadership responsibilities. Examples include providing training to others on their job duties, coordinating the work of others, coordinating projects, acting as a team lead, and directly supervising others.
- Experience supporting service line directors or multiple managers or functions.
- Demonstrated interpersonal verbal and written communication skills including being proficient in spelling, punctuation, grammar, and other English language skills.
- Interact with others requiring employee to verbally communicate as well as hear and understand spoken information.
- Operate computers, telephones, office equipment, including manipulating paper requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- See and read computer monitors and documents.
- Remain sitting or standing for long periods of time to perform work on a computer, telephone, or other equipment.
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience working in a healthcare or insurance setting
- Project coordination/project management experience
- Experience in a sales environment
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location SelectHealth
Expertise Business / Administration
Job Type Full Time
Location US-UT-Murray, US-UT-Salt Lake City