Intermountain Healthcare Blood Gas Tech in Murray, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
The Blood Gas Tech independently performs laboratory tests on patients in all areas of the hospital. The tests conducted, samples obtained, and test results will be handled consistent with laboratory policies and procedures.
Essential Job Duties
- Schedules and performs a variety of laboratory tests and services critical to the clinical management of patients.
- Clearly explains the procedure to the patient, including a brief description of the reason for the test.
- Obtains and analyzes samples from the patient safely, accurately, and proficiently.
- Ensures the quality of the results reported from the laboratory. Recognizes sample error conditions and responds to instrument problems appropriately.
- Records readings and transfers data to patient file using standard procedure.
- Properly calibrates instruments and maintains the machines used in the laboratory following federal and certifying agent (CAP) regulations.
- Calls and documents all critical values to nursing unit.
- Entry Rate: $12.66 + Based on Experience
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: This position will work Monday night (7pm-7am) and Saturday day (7am-7pm); on call Wednesday and Friday days. (7am-7pm)
- Department: Respiratory Therapy
- Additional Details: We have a Part Time - 24 hour a week Blood Gas Tech position open located at our Intermountain Medical Center
- High school diploma as required by the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) and College of American Pathologists (CAP).
- Basic Life Support Certification (BLS) for healthcare providers.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ongoing need for employee to see and read information, labels, assess patient needs, operate monitors, identify equipment and supplies.
- Frequent interactions with patient care providers, patients, and visitors that require employee to verbally communicate as well as hear and understand spoken information, alarms, needs, and issues quickly and accurately, particularly during emergency situations.
- Manual dexterity of hands and fingers to manipulate complex and delicate equipment with precision and accuracy. This includes frequent computer use and typing for documenting patient care, accessing needed information, medication preparation, etc.
- Expected to lift and utilize full range of movement to position patients. Will also bend to retrieve, lift, and carry supplies and equipment. Typically includes items of varying weights, up to and including heavy items.
- Need to walk and assist with positioning patients and obtaining and distributing supplies and equipment. This includes pushing/pulling gurneys and portable equipment, including heavy items. Often required to navigate crowded and busy rooms (full of equipment, power cords on the floor, etc).
- May be expected to stand in a stationary position for an extended period of time.
- Experience in a health care setting.
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 24
Primary Work Location Intermountain Medical Center
Expertise Patient Care Support / Technicians
Job Type Part Time