Intermountain Healthcare Business Systems Analyst in Murray, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
Business Systems Analyst- is responsible to perform system analysis, cost analysis, and design for software development/acquisition projects. The business analyst acts as a liaison with business and clinical users and the software development / application team(s). Staff-level professional experienced in all aspects of business systems analyst. Encompasses full knowledge required within the software development lifecycle with a focus on business workflow and requirements. Is able to function with minimal oversight and direction. Provides technical guidance to peers.
NOTE: We will hire at staff or senior level depending on qualifications.
Essential Job Duties Requirements
- Maintains advanced level of understanding of application development methodologies, tools and techniques to effectively work with customers / staff to determine needs, specifications, feasibility, priorities for application development requests and projects.
- Acquires and maintains a high-level understanding of the technical and functional architecture, security and compliance requirements of assigned systems and integration.
- Utilizes appropriate tools to meet ad hoc informational needs. Understands the data model and data use of assigned systems.
- Documents and recommends workflow changes and technical/functional requirements, specifications and designs solutions (e.g. logical data models, validation rules, screen design, report design, interface design, batch processing design, etc.) needed to support the business requirements for moderately complex problems and according to organizational standards and processes.
- Under supervision, solves moderately complex issues, incidents, problems according to agreed upon service levels and according to IS standards and processes. Collaboratively works with peers, internal and external stakeholders, and vendors.
- Collaborates with key business stakeholders to determine business rules, needs, specifications, feasibility (workflow and cost), and priorities for application development / acquisition requests and projects with a moderate level of complexity and according to organizational standards and processes. Consults with key business stakeholders on selection and acquisition of 3rd party solutions.
- Collaborates with key IS staff in the acquisition, configuration, development, testing, and implementation of solutions (vended and internally developed) with a moderate level of complexity.
- Participates and collaborates with key stakeholders in the development of training and knowledge based materials and in training peers, end-users, and other IS team members.
- Participates in the creation and management of project plans for projects with a moderate level of complexity. Consistently meets agreed upon deadlines or escalates issues, concerns and barriers to key project leaders. Assists in the prioritization of tasks / assignments.
- Under supervision, develops and implements communication plans to all stakeholder groups and manages customer and stakeholder expectations.
Minimum Requirements (Staff level)
- Bachelor's degree in an information technology related field. Degree must be obtained through an accredited institution. Education is verified. or Four years of equivalent information technology, clinical, or healthcare insurance experience.
- Three years experience providing business systems analyst support using formalized industry-accepted BA techniques and methods to provide,or Three years as an expert user of targeted system(s) in use.
- Demonstrated understanding of general concepts of business/healthcare environment, types of information used, how the data is produced, consumed, and transformed.
Minimum Requirements (Senior level)
- Bachelor's degree in an information technology related field. Degree must be obtained through an accredited institution. Education is verified.or Four years of equivalent information technology, clinical, or healthcare insurance experience.
- Six years experience providing business systems analyst support using formalized industry-accepted BA techniques and methods to provide.
- Understands general concepts of business/healthcare environment, types of information used, how the data is produced, consumed, and transformed.
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: Full time, exempt
- Department: MIS - Development Administration
- Office location: Select Health offices - Murray, Utah
- Interact with others requiring the employee to communicate information.
- Operate computers and other IT equipment requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- See and read computer monitors and documents.
- Remain sitting or standing for long periods of time to perform work on a computer, telephone, or other equipment.
- Experience consistently delivering an extraordinary customer experience when interacting with peers, end-users and others.
- Uderstanding and ability to independently perform the requirement gathering techniques necessary for completing functional design specifications
- Understanding and knowledge of Business Analysis Body of Knowledge (BABOK) guide
- Experience creating or authoring requirement specifications
- Experience with X12 HIPAA transactions
- Experience writing SQL queries:
- Experience with Agile/Iterative methodologies (e.g. scrum, FDD, extreme, lean, etc.):
- Strong written and oral communication skills with spoken English in a technical or healthcare environment.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Self motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience in a healthcare environment.
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location SelectHealth
Expertise Information Technology
Job Type Full Time