Intermountain Healthcare Chef-Sous I - Fulltime - IMC in Murray, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
Leads and participates in the planning and preparation of food, assuring proper food production techniques are applied according to menu, recipe requirements, and department standards.
Essential Job Duties
- Assists in interviewing, hiring, training, and scheduling staff.
- Supervises food production.
- Supervises meal service.
- Researches, develops, and prepares new recipes, documenting results, and problem solving.
- Determines inventory needs, controls food inventory and storage, and evaluates food usages to minimize waste.
- Understands modified diets and prepares modified recipes using appropriate techniques.
- Forecasts amounts to prepare based on menu.
- Ensures equipment is functioning properly and safely.
- Participates in quality monitoring and/or improvement activities and processes.
- Maintains an organized and sanitary working environment.
- Assures compliance with HACCP standards.
- Note: Employee is required to obtain and maintain ServSafe Certification. If the employee is unable to do either, they will be removed from this position.
- Entry Rate: $14.35
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: 6:30am to 3:00pm. May require an occasional weekend or evening shift
- Location: Murray, UT
- Food Handler's Permit
- Four years of experience in retail or commercial food service.
- One year of supervisory or lead experience.
- Demonstrated basic computer skills.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Demonstrated customer service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to follow instructions.
- Demonstrated basic math skills.
- Interact with patients and co-workers requiring the employee to verbally communicate information, as well as understand spoken information.
- Operate food service equipment or computer requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- See and read labels, monitors, and documents.
- Carry, push/pull, and walk while transporting food, supplies, and service equipment.
- Climb, squat, kneel, and lift to clean equipment and reach and retrieve food and supplies.
- Remain standing for long periods of time to perform work.
- Tolerate extremes in temperature such as performing work at a grill or in a refrigerator and tolerate exposure to cleaning chemicals.
- Hospital food service experience.
- Inventory control, costing, and forecasting experience.
- Culinary training from a recognized program.
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location Intermountain Medical Center
Expertise Food and Nutrition
Job Type Full Time