Intermountain Healthcare CT Tech- 7 On 7 Off- IMC in Murray, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
This position is responsible for performing high quality CT procedures. The incumbent will perform a variety of CT procedures employing ingenuity, initiative, and independent judgment. The incumbent will use ionizing radiation for diagnostic purposes.
Essential Job Duties
- Ensures proper patient identification, order verification, and prepares the patient for the exam.
- Performs exams per department protocol.
- Understands cross sectional anatomy and demonstrates anatomical positioning competency.
- Familiar with the ALARA program and follows proper radiation safety protocol.
- Demonstrates ability to critique own films.
- Completes studies within acceptable time limitations per department expectations without compromising patient care or the quality of theexamination.
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of protocol relating to contrast administration.
- As ordered by thephysician and under radiologist/physician supervision administers oral barium products or intravenous contrast material to patients.
- Practices appropriate infection control and sterile techniques
- Provides patient education, as needed and assures patient comfort.
- Understands and operates all CT equipment and related information systems appropriately to ensure that quality images are produced.
- Exhibits working knowledge of contrast injectors and laser printers.
- Exhibits understanding and proficiency with electronic imaging. Incumbent will be able to view, transfer and manipulate images.
- Thoroughly and accurately completes all required documentation, including time stamps and image storage.
- Follows appropriate protocol for medical necessity, coding and charging, obtaining consents if necessary, documenting any events that may occur for quality, maintaining a current QC program for ACR and reporting any equipment failures or problems.
- Entry Rate: Dependent Upon Experience
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: This is a 7 on 7 off position working 4pm-2:30am. 7 On 7 Off is defined as a work schedule working 7 days in a row, 10 hour shifts, followed by 7 days off.
- Department: Intermountain Medical Center
- ARRT registered technologist.
- Current Utah State licensure.
- Basic life support (BLS) certified for healthcare providers.
- One year of experience in CT.
- Post-hire expectation: Meets departmental IV certification competency within three months of hire.
- Post-hire expectation: (Where applicable) Must complete the controlled substance module within six months of hire.
- Post-hire expectation: (Where applicable) Must complete the initial moderate sedation module within six months of hire.
- Hearing/Listening, Lifting, Manual Dexterity, Seeing, Standing.
- CT registered by ARRT.
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 35
Primary Work Location Intermountain Medical Center
Job Type Full Time