Intermountain Healthcare Dietitian-Clinical - PRN - IMC in Murray, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
Facilitates the nutrition care process in order to provide the patient with optimal medical nutrition therapy.
Essential Job Duties
- Completes and documents nutrition assessment.
- Completes and documents nutrition diagnosis.
- Identifies and implements appropriate nutrition interventions including quality nutrition education based on customer needs, expectations, and culture.
- Monitors and evaluates individual nutrition outcomes related to nutrition diagnosis, goals, and interventions.
- Communicates nutrition expertise with all appropriate healthcare providers.
- Uses resources effectively and efficiently in practice.
- Precepts students.
- Participates in department continuous improvement projects.
- Collaborates with other dietitians as needed.
- Note: If employee is hired without being a Registered Dietitian, they must successfully pass the RD exam within fours months of hire to remain in the job. If employee is hired without being a Certified Dietitian, they must become certified within six months of hire to remain in the job.
- Entry Rate: $22.72
- Benefits Eligible: No
- Shift Details: PRN
- Location: Murray, UT
- Bachelors in dietetics, nutrition, or nutrition related field. Degree must be obtained through an accredited institution. Education is verified.
- Successful completion of an approved Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND) program.
- Registered with the Commission on Dietetic Registration or registration eligible (see note above)
- Certified Dietitian in state of practice or willing to obtain within six months of hire (see note above)
- Food handler's permit (as required by facility)
- Demonstrated self starter, detail oriented, and effective organizational skills
- Demonstrated computer proficiency
- Interact with others requiring the employee to communicate information.
- Operate computers and other equipment requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- See and read computer monitors and documents.
- Remain sitting or standing for long periods of time to perform work on a computer, telephone, or other equipment.
- One year experience as a registered dietitian
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 0
Primary Work Location Intermountain Medical Center
Expertise Family Services / Mental Health
Job Type On-Call / PRN