Intermountain Healthcare Endoscopy Tech: Full-time in Murray, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
This position is responsible for providing technical support and general assistance during Endoscopy procedures, under the supervision of the nurses and physicians. Also responsible for preparing equipment and procedure rooms for procedures.
Essential Job Duties
- Prior to procedures, assembles equipment and supplies needed. This includes setting up instruments, preparing procedure rooms, etc.
- Assists physicians with Endoscopy procedures.
- Assist with obtaining, labeling and delivering biopsies and or laboratory under the direct supervision of the RN or MD.
- Helps maintain, order, and stock supplies for Endo.
- Ensures specialized equipment and instruments are maintained. Coordinates a regular maintenance program. Can troubleshoot minor problems with equipment. Notifies clinical engineering when necessary for repair.
- Answers telephone, answers questions concerning procedures as appropriate, and relays messages in a timely, courteous, and professional manner.
- May assist with patient transport.
- May be expected to waste medications per appropriate guidelines and processes.
- May be expected to do IV insertions (if Tech has successfully completed an IV insertion course).
- Entry Rate: $14.34/hr.
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: Full-time, 40 hrs/week. Four 10-hour shifts.
- Department: Endoscopy Lab, Intermountain Medical Center.
- High School diploma or GED in compliance with CLIA regulations (required for employees who perform non-waived, moderate complexity testing - iSTAT and Bleeding Time).
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification for Healthcare Providers.
- Ongoing need for employee to see and read information, labels, sterile indicator tags, colors, assess patient needs, operate monitors, identify equipment and supplies.
- Frequent interactions with patient care providers, patients, and visitors that require employee to verbally communicate as well as hear and understand spoken information, alarms, needs, and issues quickly and accurately, particularly during emergency situations.
- Manual dexterity of hands and fingers to manipulate complex and delicate equipment and instruments with precision and accuracy. This includes computer use and typing for documentation, accessing needed information, medication preparation, etc.
- Expected to lift and utilize full range of movement to transfer patients. Will also bend to retrieve, lift, and carry supplies and equipment. Typically includes items of varying weights, up to and including heavy items.
- Need to walk and assist with transporting/ambulating patients and obtaining and distributing supplies and equipment. This includes pushing/pulling gurneys and portable equipment, including heavy items. Often required to navigate crowded and busy rooms (full of equipment, power cords on the floor, etc).
- May be expected to stand in a stationary position with personal protective equipment for an extended period of time.
- Endoscopy Tech experience.
- Hospital Certified CNA experience.
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location Intermountain Medical Center
Expertise Patient Care Support / Technicians
Job Type Full Time