Intermountain Healthcare Environmental Service Technician/Housekeeper - Full and Part Time - Intermountain Medical Center in Murray, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
As part of our Environmental Services team, Housekeepers are responsible for creating a clean and safe environment for our patients and visitors. You may work in all areas within the hospital, including patient care and office areas. We clean and disinfect rooms and meet patients who are sick and need a friendly, caring smile; which at times includes working around bodily fluids (blood, feces, etc). Our goal is to make sure every patient has a safe and extraordinary healing experience. We offer a variety of schedules for full and part time opportunities; please see specifics below.
Essential Job Duties
- Cleans and disinfects assigned areas and emergency spills using department cleaning procedures as well as comply with Joint Commission and OSHA standards,
- Maintains work and storage areas following established policy and procedures to ensure safety.
- Reports problems with equipment and facility in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Entry Rate: Based on industry experience
Day Shift - Start times range between 7am - Noon
- Evening Shift - Start times range between 3pm – 5pm
- Overnight Shift - Start time is 10:30pm
- Benefits Eligible: Yes, full time and part time schedules
- Shift Differential: Offered for Evening and Weekend shifts
- Friendly and welcoming personality
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate in English including: read color coded labels and chemicals and ability to follow written and verbal directions
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule to meet the needs of the department
- Carrying, Lifting, Pulling/Pushing, Seeing, Speaking, Squatting/Kneeling, Standing, Walking
- Professional housekeeping experience
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location Intermountain Medical Center
Expertise Guest Services / Housekeeping
Job Type Part Time, Full Time