Intermountain Healthcare Food Service Coordinator I - Full-time - IMC in Murray, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
This position coordinates food service staff, food production, and daily operations for the assigned area.
Essential Job Duties
- Participates in orienting, training, scheduling, and leading employees as appropriate.
- Coordinates and maintains workflow of assigned area.
- Ensures a quality food service operation, including production and customer service.
- Orders food and supplies. Maintains an appropriate inventory.
- Ensures that department standards for quality, sanitation, and safety are met.
- Completes required reports and documentation.
- Coordinates resources (supplies, man hours).
- Participates in quality monitoring activities.
- Entry Rate: $12.17
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: Full-time / rotating weekends
- Location: IMC
- Food Handler's Permit as required by county
- Two years related food service experience.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Interact with patients and co-workers requiring the employee to verbally communicate information, as well as understand spoken information.
- Operate food service equipment or computer requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- See and read labels, monitors, and documents.
- Carry, push/pull, and walk while transporting food, supplies, and service equipment.
- Climb, squat, kneel, and lift to clean equipment and reach and retrieve food and supplies.
- Remain standing for long periods of time to perform work.
- Tolerate extremes in temperature such as performing work at a grill or in a refrigerator.
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location Intermountain Medical Center
Expertise Food and Nutrition
Job Type Full Time