Intermountain Healthcare Large Employer Sales Manager, Self Funded - SelectHealth (Salt Lake City) in Murray, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
The Sales Manager leads a team of Large Employer Professionals responsible for selling and renewing Large Employer self-funded business for SelectHealth. Develops close professional relationships with producers / brokers / consultants and Account Managers and Underwriters. Works with them to renew business. Provides leadership, development, and guidance to Account Managers and manages all operational and employee training / coaching. Acts as a lead on sales presentations.
Essential Job Duties
1. Directs and develops the Account Managers in creating an effective sales team to meet the annual company sales goal objectives while maintaining the Mission, Vision and Values of SelectHealth. Provides education concerning products, policies and procedures. Works as a liaison between the Account Managers and large group underwriting.
2. Meets Large Employer sales goals by managing the process for Account Managers, brokers, and employers to prospect and renew large employer groups. Provides Leadership support to the Account Managers and large employer underwriter to provide competitive proposals for groups.
3. Creates and delivers effective sales presentations to employer groups and brokers to increase awareness and promote sales.
4. Maintains a complete understanding of all the components of Self-Funded, contingent funded, fully funded, and all other employer benefit plans.
5. Establishes and maintains a mutually productive relationship with the underwriting department. Gains a thorough understanding of the underwriting process for both new and renewing groups. Trains and assists the sales team as they work with underwriting.
6. Manages the process for the Account Management team to renew sold business. Develops and coaches the Account Managers in renewing groups, and new business sales. Creates training/coaching opportunities for the Sales Team, while creating strong working relationships with other SelectHealth departments.
7. Provides market feedback that leads to the development of innovative products and services. Assists management in developing market strategies.
8. Manages performance utilizing SalesForce opportunity and renewal reports utilizing the data to manage the sales pipeline and performance for new and renewing sales. Creates additional SalesForce reporting as needed.
9. Travels as required to further business and professional relationships. Prepares letters of correspondence to consultants / brokers / clients as needed.
10. Participates as a resource for Account Managers as they renew existing employer groups. Works with other Sales Managers to establish goals, policy, and training for the LE Sales Team. This includes participation in sales meetings and training. Keeps Sales Team Director apprised of broker issues, group assignments needed, and other relevant information.
11. Participates on assigned committees to provide market feedback and help shape policies and procedures. Provides ongoing feedback using market conditions, industry trends, and broker insight to assist strategic product development.
12. Works with LE Sales Director to create and maintain the LE group sales budget each year. Works with the LE Sales Director to develop and maintain Account Manager variable pay plan and salary
13. Manages Account Manager performance and establishes team goals that are consistent with SelectHealth's yearly goals.
- Entry Rate : Commensurate with experience
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: Full-time, Exempt. 40 hours/week
- Department: SelectHealth - Large Employer Sales. Located in Murray, Utah (Salt Lake City area)
- Current Utah State health insurance agent/consultant license. If incumbent does not have the license they must acquire licensure within three months of date of hire to remain in the job. Additional licensing may be required in other states where SelectHealth in located.
- Bachelor's degree (Degree must be obtained through an accredited institution. Education is verified.) or Four years of experience in health insurance, management, marketing, or sales.
- Five years of health insurance industry experience.
- Demonstrated highly effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated strong team leadership skills and the ability to gain the support of individuals and departments contributing to sales-related company objectives and goals.
- Demonstrated highly effective selling skills.
- Manual dexterity, hearing, seeing, speaking
- Experience leading a large group account management team
- Experience with self-funded groups
- Broker relationships and experience
- Experience with stop-loss or reinsurance
- Third party administrator experience
- Supervisory/leadership experience
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location SelectHealth
Expertise Business / Administration
Job Type Full Time