Intermountain Healthcare Network Operations (Provider Development) Supervisor - SelectHealth in Murray, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
This position supervises and provides expert operational oversight for the Provider Relations Operations team including decision making, planning, problem solving, and coordinating with other teams. This position works in partnership with Provider Relations Management to ensure CMS and other regulatory requirements are met. It ensures work standards are met, audits are conducted, and work is assigned appropriately. This position also manages and participates in department projects and initiatives, which support the strategic objectives of SelectHealth and Intermountain Healthcare. Champions and ensures the team is providing superior customer service and is meeting all department goals.
Essential Job Duties
1. Supports team members, with little oversight from the Manager, by ensuring they set meaningful and measurable departmental and personal goals. Mentors, coaches, and trains team members in essential job responsibilities and ensures employees have the proper tools and understanding to perform their jobs. Serves as a resource to the team and prepares team members for advancement and promotional opportunities.
2. Oversees hiring, performance management, and disciplinary process for team. Provides accurate, timely and ongoing feedback. Successfully manages the complexities of a department and ensures team is adequately staffed to deliver quality service and meet individual, team, and company goals and objectives.
3. Ensures department is meeting team key quality indicators, minimum accuracy and productivity standards and business objectives by conducting and coordinating audits of provider data processing. Assists with analysis and validation of provider data.
4. Creates, reviews, and implements policies, procedures, systems, and standards on a regular basis. Works with team members to regularly identify system requirements and areas for improvement. Develops, recommends, and implements changes and improvements. Assigns and coordinates resources for operational testing, documentation, training, and roll out of new products and product enhancements. Ensures that issues are submitted and problems are appropriately escalated and resolved.
5. Serves as key contact for escalated and more complex questions and problems. Interacts with providers and other internal and external customers as required to answer questions and resolve problems. Demonstrates an increased level of operational knowledge and technical expertise that allows representation of the Provider Relations department on complex issues.
6. Acts as a liaison for the Provider Relations department with other internal departments. Manages process for workflow enhancements and changes. Analyzes impact to existing operational processes and makes recommendations for changes as necessary. Identifies and implements new processes that reduce operational expenses and create efficiency gains.
7. Assesses and manages training needs for each employee. Ensures appropriate training programs and aids are developed and implemented. Manages mentoring process for new employees.
8. Ensures team is properly staffed and department payroll is thoroughly and accurately complete each pay period. Ensures employees work scheduled budgeted hours each pay period including monitoring and addressing unapproved overtime.
9. Participates in the development and management of an operating budget for the department that is consistent with overall financial goals. Monitors and controls department expenditures to assure compliance with established budgets. Administers department compensation and payroll processes and programs in an accurate, equitable and timely manner.
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: Full-time; 40 hours/week. Exempt.
- Department: SelectHealth - Provider Development
- Additional Details: This position supervises twelve direct reports, ten of which are organized in to five pods (two employees each). Two trainers also report to this supervisor.
- Two years of supervisory or leadership experience.
- Three years of experience in a health insurance or health care environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency and technical expertise with word processing, spreadsheets, business systems, and imaging systems.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated effective coaching, mentoring, and team building competencies along with the ability to effectively resolve conflicts.
- Hearing/Listening, Manual Dexterity, Seeing, Speaking
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Management, or a related field obtained through an accredited institution.
- Experience in SelectHealth Operations areas
- Experience with Facets claims payment system
- Experience with AWD program
- Experience with Physician Data Administration
- Self-motivated and positive attitude
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location SelectHealth
Expertise Business / Administration
Job Type Full Time
Location US-UT-Murray, US-UT-Salt Lake City