Intermountain Healthcare Orderly: Full-time in Murray, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
This position transports patients to and from the O.R., handles routine tasks related to patient care, organizes equipment, and provides general cleaning of surgical suites.
Essential Job Duties
- Able to apply standards of and maintain sterile technique appropriately.
- Getting and restocking supplies as needed.
- Assist with turnover of the rooms. Including cleaning appropriately after the case and preparing the room for the next case.
- Responsible to assist anesthesia when needed. Including turnover anesthesia equip. Assisting anesthesia wherever needed.
- Keep department clean including keeping hallways uncluttered by returning supplies/equipment to their proper storage areas.
- Responsible for transporting patients to and from surgery.
- Transports specimens appropriately including blood and blood products.
- Entry Rate: $10.86/hr.
- Benefits Eligible: Yes.
- Shift Details: Full-time, 40 hrs/week. Monday through Friday.
- Department: Surgical Services, Intermountain Medical Center.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification for healthcare providers.
- Ongoing need for employee to see and read information, labels, sterile indicator tags, colors, assess patient needs, operate monitors, identify equipment and supplies.
- Frequent interactions with patient care providers, patients, and visitors that require employee to verbally communicate as well as hear and understand spoken information, alarms, needs, and issues quickly and accurately, particularly during emergency situations.
- Manual dexterity of hands and fingers to manipulate complex and delicate equipment and instruments with precision and accuracy. This includes computer use and typing for documentation, accessing needed information, medication preparation, etc.
- Expected to lift and utilize full range of movement to transfer patients. Will also bend to retrieve, lift, and carry supplies and equipment. Typically includes items of varying weights, up to and including heavy items.
- Need to walk and assist with transporting/ambulating patients and obtaining and distributing supplies and equipment. This includes pushing/pulling gurneys and portable equipment, including heavy items. Often required to navigate crowded and busy rooms (full of equipment, power cords on the floor, etc).
- May be expected to stand in a stationary position with personal protective equipment for an extended period of time.
- Patient transport experiencd.
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location Intermountain Medical Center
Expertise Patient Care Support / Technicians
Job Type Full Time