Intermountain Healthcare Patient Service Representative - Occupational Therapy in Murray, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
The role of the Patient Service Representative (PSR) is to provide extraordinary care to patients and customers through friendly, caring, courteous, and professional services and to ensure that our patients feel welcome and comfortable in our clinics and health centers.
A successful PSR becomes the patient’s advocate as they coordinate services such as scheduling of appointments, registration, and data entry of appropriate charges. The PSR will also assist an Occupational Therapist with treatment and in maintaining daily equipment. Completing these duties provides the PSR the opportunity to truly make a difference in the lives of many on a daily basis.
This PSR will be working approximately 22 hours per week. Shifts will be 4 hours in length Monday through Friday. This is a great opportunity for someone interested in learning more about Rehabilitation fields.
Acute Rehabilitation is a fast paced environment that allows the development of close working relationships with the therapist as well as patients. Every team member is vital to the department's success in providing exceptional patient care. Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with patients and clinicians face-to-face and over the phone.
Essential Job Duties
- 1. Enters patient information (including demographic, insurance, and financial information) into appropriate computer systems. Completes required patient paperwork and checks that patient charts are prepared for visits and available to clinical staff. Assists and educates patients regarding their account information.
- 2. Financial duties: Collects payments to account and co-payments, and balances credit card machine daily. Prepares daily bank deposit from batch payments and/or misc. payments by mail. Balances cash drawer daily. Educates patients on financial assistance process / forms and enters applicable information into the computer system. Monitors financial scorecard measures and charge entry errors (i.e. A/R, Bump Lists, Registration Audit Reports, etc.)
- 3. Office clerical duties: Schedules patient visits and maintains provider schedules. Answers phone calls to the facility and resolves or forwards the calls. Performs filing, scanning, and organization of front office supplies / materials.
- 4. Actively participates in quality improvement initiatives (i.e. CQI, TQM, Lean, 100% participation, etc.).
- Entry Rate: $12.67
- Benefits Eligible: No
- Shift Details: Full Time, Monday - Friday
- Department: Intermountain Medical Center Acute Occupational Therapy
- Additional Detail: This PSR may be asked to drive the rehab van. Because of this, this position requires a current valid driver's license and an acceptable driving record.
- Six months of customer service experience involving interactions with customers in person and by phone.
- Demonstrated basic computer skills involving word processing and data entry.
- Current driver's license and acceptable driving record.
- Interact with others requiring the employee to communicate information.
- Operate computers and other office equipment requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- See and read computer monitors and documents.
- Remain sitting or standing for long periods of time to perform work on a computer, telephone, or other equipment.
- One year of customer service experience, especially in a Hospital or Medical Office.
- Completion of one or more college level medical courses (i.e. anatomy, physical therapy, movement sciences, athletic training)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location Intermountain Medical Center
Expertise Clerical / Secretarial / Business Office Support
Job Type Full Time