Intermountain Healthcare Pharmacy Services Manager - Select Health in Murray, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
Provides leadership and direction to SelectHealth Pharmacy Services and SelectHealth Prescriptions. Has primary responsibility for SelectHealth Pharmacy Services in Idaho, Medicare Part D Stars and other pharmacy quality programs. Provides leadership for development and maintenance of the SelectHealth pharmacy network and pharmacy relations. Contributes to the strategic and clinical direction of the department. Identifies and promotes the changes needed to provide cost-effective quality pharmacy benefits to members.
Essential Job Duties
- Analyzes pharmacy claims to identify areas of utilization aberrations and opportunities for cost-efficiencies.
- Manages the clinical administration of Pharmacy Services including formulary, academic detailing/education, and the residency program. Oversees the Pharmacy & Therapeutics (P&T) Newsletter and other communications to providers and pharmacies.
- Ensures coordination and communication of pharmacy benefit management (PBM) programs including drug manufacturer contracting, P&T Committee activities, physician communication/education, retail/community pharmacy, NCQA qualification, information services, clinical intervention programs, drug usage evaluation programs, and pharmacy outcomes research.
- Ensures coordination and communication of PBM programs with standalone PBM clients and geographic expansion partners.
- Maintains positive partnerships and relations with contracted retail pharmacies and pharmaceutical companies.
- Coordinates, manages, and monitors pharmacy claims processing services, utilization management, and prior authorization protocols.
- Participates in, and works with, corporate drug manufacturers to obtain rebates, price discounts and disease management plans, or other cost reductions.
- Aids in contracting and auditing the SelectHealth Pharmacy Network.
- Coordinates clinical pharmacy programs with the different Intermountain Clinical Programs.
- Conducts Drug Utilization Review projects as appropriate, which includes ability to query and analyze pharmacy data.
- Coordinates and oversees Pharmacy Resident Program and student rotations.
- Coordinates the appropriate use of specialty medications, including contractual arrangements and claims adjudication.
- Promotes stand alone PBM through relationships with brokers and key employer group executives.
- Supports the education and promotion of pharmacy services to both internal and external customers.
- Responsible for the administration of all medication therapy management programs for Medicare Part D, Medicaid, Commercial lines of business and medical homes.
- Provides direct support and direction for the management of Medicaid pharmacy services and the Medicaid Restriction program in order to assure maximal cost-effective benefit administration.
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of the SelectHealth medication fee schedules that include: the MAC list for pricing of generic drugs, J-code fee schedules for use in physician offices, retail pharmacies, specialty pharmacies, home health and infusion centers.
- Entry Rate: Based on Experience
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Department: Medical Director
- Additional Details: We have a Full Time - 40 hour a week Pharmacy Services Manager position open located at SelectHealth.
- Pharm D. degree or Masters degree from an accredited school of pharmacy (degree will be verified).
- State license to practice pharmacy and dispense controlled substances.
- Five years pharmacy practice experience in a managed care and hospital environment.
- Five (5) years Pharmacy Benefits management experience.
- Interact with others requiring employee to verbally communicate as well as hear and understand spoken information.
- Operate computers, telephones, office equipment, and manipulate paper requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- See and read computer monitors and documents.
- Remain sitting or standing for long periods of time to perform work on a computer, telephone, or other equipment.
- Advanced degree in business management or healthcare administration.
- Pharmacy experience in a managed care setting including an ASHP accredited managed care residency.
- Strong health care systems orientation including: managed care, retail and hospital pharmacy, pharmacy contracting, pharmaceutical company contracting.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Personal computer skills including word processing and spreadsheets.
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location SelectHealth
Job Type Full Time