Intermountain Healthcare Polysomnographic Technologst-Registered - Full Time - Intermountain Medical Center in Murray, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
The RST/RPSGT is accountable for performing and coordinating and scoring physiologic studies of sleep and sleep-related disorders. The incumbent provides care to patients via technology, therapeutic interventions, and coordination of care with other health care professionals.
Essential Job Duties
- Participates in the development and implementation of Sleep Lab Quality Assurance/Improvement activities.
- Completes testing and charting of patients.
- Monitors and tracks equipment and supplies.
- Completes record keeping and charting.
- Scores studies and reports accurate information to the M.D.
- This position provides supervision and orientation/ongoing education of the PSG Tech I and PSG Tech II.
- Entry Rate: $22.72
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: 40 hrs/wk; day shifts Monday - Friday from 8:30 am - 5:00 pm.
- Department: Sleep Lab
- BLS Certification for Healthcare Providers.
- RST or RPSGT Registration.
- Proven ability to supervise others.
- Available to work the night shift with demonstrated ability to do so.
- Demonstrated ability to address and solve both technical and interpersonal problems.
- Demonstrated communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to use computerized and mechanical equipment.
- Ongoing need for employee to see and read information, labels, assess patient needs, operate monitors, identify equipment and supplies.
- Frequent interactions with patient care providers, patients, and visitors that require employee to verbally communicate as well as hear and understand spoken information, alarms, needs, and issues quickly and accurately, particularly during emergency situations.
- Manual dexterity of hands and fingers to manipulate complex and delicate equipment with precision and accuracy. This includes frequent computer use and typing for documenting patient care, accessing needed information, medication preparation, etc.
- Expected to lift and utilize full range of movement to transfer patients. Will also bend to retrieve, lift, and carry supplies and equipment. Typically includes items of varying weights, up to and including heavy items.
- Need to walk and assist with transporting/ambulating patients and obtaining and distributing supplies and equipment. This includes pushing/pulling gurneys and portable equipment, including heavy items. Often required to navigate crowded and busy rooms (full of equipment, power cords on the floor, etc).
- May be expected to stand in a stationary position for an extended period of time.
- Registered Polysomnographic Technologist (RPSGT) preferred. Non-registered Polysomnographic tech may be considered, but the candidate hired must be registered within the first week of employment to take the BRPT exam, then must complete and pass the exam within 3 months of hire date, obtaining the RPSGT credential.
- Anatomy courses.
- Clinical or patient care experience.
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location Intermountain Medical Center
Expertise Patient Care Support / Technicians
Job Type Full Time