Intermountain Healthcare Respiratory Equip Asst-Office - Salt Lake City Homecare in Murray, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
Under the direction of the HME Store Manager this position provides office/operations support that ensures timely implementation of physician orders of Home Medical Equipment (HME) and related supplies. Fills patient orders, coordinates deliveries and responds to patient requests in a timely manner. This individual may provide patient education and facilitate patient set ups/fittings in 1:1 situations.
Essential Job Duties
- Intake: Takes intake information from source. Verifies the client specific needs and selects appropriate equipment based on assessment while adhering to physician orders. Generates Homecare order to meet client needs and ensures completion of all documentation and paperwork. Facilitates the authorization process with Homecare Central Intake.
- General Office/Operations Support: Supports office operations. Orders, stocks, and inventories store supplies and office supplies. Updates and maintains both patient and general office records. Coordinates patients transferring from one service location to another service location. Assists with special projects as assigned.
- Customer Service: Provides extraordinary customer service. Responds to both telephone and in-person requests for information in an accurate and timely manner. Ensures customer (e.g. referral source, co-worker, and patient) requests are triaged and handled appropriately and in a timely manner. Handles difficult situations with all customers in a positive, tactful, and professional manner. Provides instruction to clients and/or caregivers in the use, care and safety of supplies and equipment provided.
- Delivery Coordination: Coordinates the delivery of medical equipment and supplies to the patient by assigning the appropriate driver/therapist to make the delivery.
- Order Processing/Documentation Requirements: Accurately completes or updates the following information as appropriate: Delivery or Pickup Ticket; handwritten sales invoice, rental agreement: return/exchange form; HME assessment form; and, Driver's Daily Activity Log. Maintains an understanding of Medicare, Medicaid and third party billing requirements and all components of Homcare's equipment order processing system.
- Equipment and Supply Acquisition: Works with the store warehouse person in the acquisition of appropriate medical equipment and supplies in order to maintain acceptable par levels in stock.
- Communicates any problems and solutions to the appropriate staff.
- Demonstrates keen problem identification skills and resolution abilities and addresses them in a timely manner.
- Completes charting and assessment notes in patient account for all respiratory equipment setups and/or exchanges of respiratory equipment. Logs appropriate progress notes in patient accounts as necessary.
- Entry Rate: $14.77 + (Based on Experience)
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: Monday - Friday 09:30 - 6:00
- Department: Salt Lake City Homecare
- Additional Details: We have a Full Time - 40 hour a week Respiratory Requipment Assistant position open located at our Salt Lake City Homecare office.
- Three years of demonstrated customer service experience.
- Effective communication and telephone skills.
- Organizational skills and ability to set priorities.
- Work independently and is self-motivated.
- Basic computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets, internet and e-mail.
- Ongoing need for employee to see and read information, labels, assess patient needs, identify HME equipment and supplies. Check
- Frequent interactions with both patients/customers and /or patient care providers, that require employee to verbally communicate as well as hear and understand spoken information, customer/patient needs, and issues quickly and accurately. May be required to stand and walk to retrieve lift and carry different types of HME supplies and equipment.
- Manual dexterity of hands and fingers to manipulate complex and delicate equipment with precision and accuracy. This includes frequent computer use and typing for documenting patient care; accessing needed information; dialing in settings on equipment; changing filters; and, threading of connectors and other equipment accessories.
- Need to stand and walk to assist with distributing supplies and equipment. This includes pushing/pulling all types of HME/Respiratory equipment including 02 cylinders and other heavy items. If applicable, will also bend to retrieve, lift, and carry supplies and equipment - expected to utilize full range of movement in doing so. Typically includes items of varying weights, up to and including heavy items.
- Expected to sit and process patient orders.
- Office Coordination experience.
- Experience in a health care related field.
- Medical equipment experience.
- Respiratory care knowledge either through work or school experience.
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location HCS Salt Lake City Homecare
Expertise Facilities / Trades / Security / Warehouse
Job Type Full Time