Intermountain Healthcare Cook (McKay- Dee Hospital) in Ogden, Utah
Greater Ogden & North Davis area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
Performs basic food production in the following areas: retail, room service, catering, grill cook, display cook, and bakers' assistant.
Essential Job Duties
- 1. Orders, maintains, and rotates supplies.
- 2. Appropriately utilizes commercial cooking equipment including fryer, grill, steamer, and ovens.
- 3. Performs quantity food production.
- 4. Prepares food to order.
- 5. Follows standardized recipes
- 6. Understands modified diets and prepares modified recipes using appropriate techniques.
- 7. Maintains an organized, clean, and sanitary working environment.
- 8. Maintains proper quantities of production with appropriate rotation of product.
- 9. Prepare basic baked products with minimal supervision
- 10. May evaluate and test recipes.
- 11. Follows HACCP standards.
- Entry Rate: $12.17
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: Flexible schedule, primarily PM shift.
- Department: Food Services
- Additional Details: Part-time 24 hour per week position located at McKay-Dee Hospital in Ogden.
- Food Handler's Permit as required by county.
- One year of experience in food service.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to follow instructions.
- Demonstrated excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle problems and difficult situations.
- Demonstrated basic math skills.
- Interact with patients and co-workers requiring the employee to verbally communicate information, as well as understand spoken information.
- Operate food service equipment or computer requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- See and read labels, monitors, and documents.
- Carry, push/pull, and walk while transporting food, supplies, and service equipment.
- Climb, squat, kneel, and lift to clean equipment and reach and retrieve food and supplies.
- Remain standing for long periods of time to perform work.
- Tolerate extremes in temperature such as performing work at a grill or in a refrigerator, and tolerate exposure to cleaning chemicals.
- Hospital food service experience
- Baking experience
- One year of food services experience
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 24
Primary Work Location McKay-Dee Hospital
Expertise Food and Nutrition
Job Type Part Time