Intermountain Healthcare EAP Coordinator I - Full Time - Ogden EAP Office in Ogden, Utah
Greater Ogden & North Davis area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
This position is responsible for providing a full continuum of Employee Assistance Program (EAP) services to employees, family members, managers and teams.
Essential Job Duties
- Provides brief, solution-focused counseling for individuals, couples and families including clinical assessment, case management, referral services (including insurance coordination), and follow up services. Balances time and schedule to ensure the minimum productive time expected is met. Balances caseload to ensure access for new patients as well as timely follow up appointments for on-going patients.
- Maintains client records according to EAP/HIPAA standards.
- Reviews client and Fitness for Duty charts with peers yearly.
- Under direct supervision, assists in coordinating Fitness For Duty (FFD) cases. This includes assisting in initial assessment, EAP interview, and coordinating the FFD policy and procedure with Human Resources, management and employee.
- Closes case files after 30 days of no contact. Submits contact sheets weekly. Utilizes ORS/SRS for outcome measure on all clients.
- Provides Work/Life Wellness training. Obtains participant feedback forms from 70% of the training provided.
- Under supervision, provides consultations to managers on employee relation issues.
- Provides timely crisis intervention services with appropriate follow up.
- Requests feedback from clients via EAP customer survey and responds appropriately.
- Entry Rate: Commensurate with experience
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: 40 hrs/wk; Monday - Friday with 2 evening hour appointments per week.
- Department: Employee Assistance Program
- Office Location: Ogden Employee Assistance Program, 4421 Harrison Blvd. Ste.A14, Ogden, UT
- Master's degree in Counseling, Marriage and Family Therapy or Social Work obtained through an accredited institution. Education is verified.
- Licensed Mental Health Professional (LCSW, LMFT, LPC, etc.).
- Three years of clinical experience.
- Demonstrated ability to function in an autonomous work environment.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Critical Incident Stress Management facilitation.
- Experience in training, coaching and facilitating.
- Demonstrated organizational and effective communication skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in responding to customer feedback from surveys and to client feedback.
- Hearing/Listening, Manual Dexterity, Speaking
- Experience working with children, adolescents, and/or adults.
- Experience working with couples and/or families.
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location McKay-Dee Hospital
Expertise Family Services / Mental Health
Job Type Full Time