Intermountain Healthcare Pharmacy Intern Level 1 - McKay Dee Hospital in Ogden, Utah
Greater Ogden & North Davis area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
The pharmacy student (intern) assists pharmacists to provide pharmacy services including the evaluation and input of licensed independent practitioner orders/prescriptions, and the technical functions of drug procurement, preparation, and distribution. These and all other duties are completed under the supervision of a pharmacist. Expectation: Become proficient in pharmacy technical functions and the basic pharmacology and utilization of medications.
Essential Job Duties
- Provides excellent service to patients, pharmacists, interns, technicians, and other healthcare professionals in the areas of responsibility.
- Communicates effectively with all staff regarding responsibilities and identified concerns.
- Provides patient education/counseling under the direct supervision of the pharmacist on staff as training and mentoring permits.
- Is training to become competent and effective in technical responsibilities assigned, and seeks appropriate training and peer feedback on routine responsibilities.
- Understands and is compliant to all state and federal laws, regulations, policies and procedures, and guidelines related to their specific area of practice.
- Participates and supports the fiscal responsibilities of the department, facility, and Intermountain Healthcare as a whole.
- Provides delivery of medications, information and/or service in a professional, timely manner and is actively engaged in department and team goals, activities, and projects.
- Consistently attains appropriate supervision and accuracy checks by the pharmacist(s) on staff when working, understanding that the pharmacist is the supervisor of their activities.
- Participates in quality improvement activities, and constantly seeks a team approach to developing and achieving best practices and processes.
- Entry Rate: $17.72
- Benefits Eligible: No
- Shift Details: This is a PRN position and will typically work 1 or 2 days per week from 5:00 - 9:00 and every other weekend.
- Department: Pharmacy
- Additional Details: We have an open Pharmacy Intern level I position open located at our McKay Dee Hospital.
- Current state Pharmacy Intern license.
- Must be accepted/enrolled in an accredited College of Pharmacy.
- Carrying, hearing/listening, lifting, manual dexterity, pulling/pushing, seeing.
- Previous hospital pharmacy experience.
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 0
Primary Work Location McKay-Dee Hospital
Job Type On-Call / PRN