Intermountain Healthcare Radiology Tech Reg- PT- MKD Hospital in Ogden, Utah
Greater Ogden & North Davis area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
Responsible for performing medical imaging examinations under the direction of a physician.
Essential Job Duties
- Ensures proper patient identification, order verification, and prepares the patient for the exam.
- Is sensitive to the patients needs throughout the procedure. Sufficiently explains to the patient and family the procedure about to be performed in order to facilitate cooperation and alleviate patient anxiety. Addresses any patient concerns.
- Performs radiologic exams that produce quality images and ensures patient and staff safety. Accomplishes this by following proper protocols, correct patient positioning, appropriate and effective use of equipment, and adherence to radiation protection and guidelines.
- Utilizes sterile technique when performing invasive procedures.
- Recognizes emergent patient situations and responds quickly and appropriately.
- Thoroughly and accurately completes all required documentation, including time stamps and image storage.
- Coordinates patient care and communicate pertinent information to other patient care providers following procedure.
- Maintains a clean, neat, and safe environment for patients and staff. Ensures that supplies and equipment are stored in an organized and efficient manner.
- Pursues individual education and career development opportunities, emphasizing those for new procedures and equipment.
- As appropriate, assists and instructs students and other Radiology Techs in exam protocols, procedures, positioning, and equipment.
- Entry Rate: Dependent Upon Experience
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: This is a Part Time position working 24 hours per week with variable shifts.
- Department: McKay-Dee Hospital
- ARRT Registration.
- Current Rad Tech license in State of Utah.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification for Healthcare providers.
- Carrying, Hearing/Listening, Lifting, Manual Dexterity, Pushing/Pulling, Seeing, Speaking, Standing, Walking.
- IV Certification.
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 24
Primary Work Location McKay-Dee Hospital
Job Type Part Time