Intermountain Healthcare Radiology Tech Reg Sr- PRN- McKay Dee Hospital in Ogden, Utah
Greater Ogden & North Davis area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
The Senior Registered Radiology Technologist performs medical imaging examinations under the direction of a physician.
Essential Job Duties
- Ensures proper patient identification, order verification, and prepares the patient for the exam.
- Is sensitive to the patients needs throughout the procedure. Sufficiently explains to the patient and family the procedure about to be performed in order to facilitate cooperation and alleviate patient anxiety. Addresses any patient concerns.
- Performs radiologic exams that produce quality images and ensures patient and staff safety. Accomplishes this by following proper protocols, correct patient positioning, appropriate and effective use of equipment, and adherence to radiation protection and guidelines.
- Utilizes sterile technique when performing invasive procedures.
- Recognizes emergent patient situations and responds quickly and appropriately.
- Thoroughly and accurately completes all required documentation, including time stamps and image storage.
- Coordinates patient care and communicate pertinent information to other patient care providers following procedure.
- Maintains a clean, neat, and safe environment for patients and staff. Ensures that supplies and equipment are stored in an organized and efficient manner.
- Pursues individual education and career development opportunities, emphasizing those for new procedures and equipment.
- As appropriate, assists and instructs students and other Radiology Techs in exam protocols, procedures, positioning, and equipment.
- Trains and mentors new staff and students, and act as lead tech when necessary.
- Proficiently performs all types of Imaging exams including trauma, OR, portables and minor interventional procedures.
- Understands Image quality and equipment and is able to perform quality control.
- Utilizes Imaging information, acquisition and storage systems to troubleshoot and resolve image quality and completeness.
- Entry Rate: Dependent Upon Experience
- Benefits Eligible: No
- Shift Details: This is a PRN position budgeted for 4 hours per week.
- Department: McKay Dee Hospital
- ARRT registration.
- Current Rad Tech license in state of practice (if working in Utah).
- Basic Life Support ceritification (BLS) for healthcare providers.
- 3 years of experience in a variety of diagnostic areas.
- Carrying, Hearing/Listening, Lifting, Manual Dexterity, Pushing/Pulling, Seeing, Speaking, Standing, Walking.
- IV certification.
- 5 years of experience in a variety of diagnostic areas.
- Leadership experience.
All positions subject to close without notice. Intermountain Healthcare prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran status, disability and/or genetic information.
Working Hours 4
Primary Work Location McKay-Dee Hospital
Job Type On-Call / PRN