Intermountain Healthcare Registered Nurse (RN) - Homecare (Ogden) - Nights in Ogden, Utah
Greater Ogden & North Davis area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
The Registered Nurse (RN) is a professional caregiver who assumes responsibility and accountability for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care of patients. The staff RN utilizes the nursing process by use of technology, therapeutic intervention, evidence-based practice and coordination of care with other health team members.
Essential Job Duties
- Performs appropriate assessment of physical, social and psychological status (including cognitive, communicative and developmental skills as appropriate).
- Seeks and evaluates information acquired from other members of interdisciplinary team: patient, family, physician, non-nursing disciplines, support staff, others.
- Uses assessment information and critical thinking skills to collaboratively develop individualized plan of care.
- Actively seeks patient, family, team, and physician involvement to develop plan of care including needed education.
- Collaboratively plans and prepares patients for further support needs once the current episode of care outcomes are met (i.e., teaching, referrals, and follow-up).
- Directs the interdisciplinary care team via delegation, coordination and collaboration as appropriate.
- Provides or delegates care consistent with plan of care, guidelines of care and professional licensure provisions.
- Demonstrates the ability to set priorities and to coordinate and organize patient care delivery through effectively managing time, supplies, and resources.
- Evaluates patient response to interventions through review of achievement of goals, clinical outcomes, patient and family satisfaction.
- Revises plan of care as indicated, and reassesses changes as appropriate.
- Promotes nursing profession and participate in development of others.
- Integrates legal and ethical standards into practice: complies with regulatory standards, practices within scope of licensure, provides accurate & timely documentation, and understands legal implications of care delivery.
- Commutes to the office at least twice daily to electronically transfer patient files or uses other access to connect to the Internet for electronically transferring patient files twice a day.
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: Full time late nights, shifts needed Fri-Mon, flexible shifts anywhere from 8-12 hours, rotating holidays
- Department: Home Health - Ogden
- Additional Details:Shift differentials and mileage reimbursement available
- Current RN License in state of practice.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification for healthcare providers.
- Unit specific certification as required (i.e., ACLS, PALS, etc.).
- Current drivers license, insured and reliable transportation and an acceptable driving record.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to commute to the office at least twice daily to electronically transfer patient files or have other access to the Internet for electronically transferring patient files twice a day.
- ** Note: RNs hired or promoted on or after July 1, 2017 who have 12 months or less of working experience as an RN will be required to sign an agreement that they will obtain their BSN degree on or before June 1, 2022. Anyone starting in this role January 2021 or after will be given three years to complete their BSN degree.
- Ongoing need for employee to see and read information, labels, assess patient needs, operate monitors, identify equipment and supplies.
- Frequent interactions with patient care providers, patients, and visitors that require employee to verbally communicate as well as hear and understand spoken information, alarms, needs, and issues quickly and accurately, particularly during emergency situations.
- Manual dexterity of hands and fingers to manipulate complex and delicate equipment with precision and accuracy. This includes frequent computer use and typing for documenting patient care, accessing needed information, medication preparation, and driving a vehicle.
- Expected to lift and utilize full range of movement to transfer patients. Will also bend to retrieve, lift, and carry supplies and equipment. Typically includes items of varying weights, up to and including heavy items.
- Need to walk and assist with transporting/ambulating patients and obtaining and distributing supplies and equipment. This includes pushing/pulling portable equipment, including heavy items. Often required to navigate crowded and busy rooms (full of furniture, equipment, power cords on the floor, etc). Need to ascend and descend stairs or uneven surface in order to access patients.
- Expected to drive a vehicle which requires sitting, seeing and reading signs, traffic signals, and other vehicles.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) from an accredited institution.
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location HCS Ogden Homecare
Job Type Full Time