Intermountain Healthcare Speech Pathologist-Per Diem McKay Dee Hospital, Inpatient in Ogden, Utah
Greater Ogden & North Davis area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
This Speech Language Pathologist (SLP) will provide care to adult patients at McKay-Dee Hospital on an as-needed basis. The SLP will work in inpatient and acute settings dependent upon the needs of the department.
SLPs are responsible for screening, testing, evaluating, diagnosing and treating disorders of speech, language, cognitive communication, voice, and swallowing. In addition, there is also responsibility for consulting, educating and training patients and their caregivers.
Essential Job Duties
- Provides clinical services, utilizing standards of care and evidence based practices, with appropriate goals, and duration and intensity of service for each patient's needs.
- Complies with department and regulatory requirements and guidelines for all types of documentation charging, and scheduling
- Supervises and educates when asked, including colleagues, new employees and students and others in training.
- Mentors student clinician externship/affiliations/ new employee(s).
- Maintains effective and appropriate communication and relationships with other professionals, patients, families and other caregivers.
- Participates in patient care conferences when appropriate, as well as staff meetings and other meetings as required or requested by supervisor.
- Entry Rate: $52.37
- Benefits Eligible: No
- Shift Details: Per Diem, meaning the are no guaranteed hours associated with this position. Hours may vary from 0 to 40, dependent upon coverage needs as other caregivers take vacation, call in sick, etc. Shifts worked will typically be 10 hours in length (8:00 AM - 6:00 PM) and may fall during the week, weekend, or occasional holidays.
- Department: McKay Dee Hospital Speech Pathology
- Additional Details: As this is a Per Diem position, compensation will be based solely upon hours worked.
- Master's degree in Speech Language Pathology from an accredited program (degree will be verified).
- Current state Speech Pathologist license.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for healthcare providers.
- Basic computer skills (word processing and email).
- Hearing/listening, lifting, manual dexterity, pulling/pushing, seeing, sitting, speaking, squatting/kneeling, standing, and walking.
- Current certificate of clinical competence in Speech Language Pathology.
- Speech Pathology experience in an inpatient or acute setting treating adult populations.
- Hospital experience.
- Experience with the target population to be treated.
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 0
Primary Work Location McKay-Dee Hospital
Job Type Per Diem