Intermountain Healthcare Cook Lead - Full Time - Park City Medical Center in Park City, Utah
Park City/Heber area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
Food Services at Park City Medical Center is offering
a Sign on and Retention Bonus!*
Apply now to learn more!
Under general direction, plans, prepares, and cooks foods used in cafe, patient and/or catering settings. Prepares food items using standardized recipes in various quantities. Safe food handling techniques are followed in all applications.
Essential Job Duties
- Trains or leads the work of other employees.
- Orders, maintains,and rotates supplies.
- May prepare large quantities of food using Cook/Chill methods and equipment.
- Understands modified diets and prepares modified recipes using appropriate techniques.
- Assists in recipe development.
- Follows standarized recipes.
- Assures compliance with HACCP and applicable standards.
- Maintains an organized and sanitary working environment.
- Accurately forecasts quantities of production with appropriate rotation of product.
- Ensures equipment is maintained and functioning properly and safely.
- May assist in other areas of food production.
Note: Employee is required to obtain and maintain ServSafe Certification. If the employee is unable to do either, they will be removed from this position.
- Entry Rate: To be discussed based on experience
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: Full time; schedule to be determined
- Food Handler's permit as required by county.
- Three years of experience in quantity food production.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Demonstraed customer service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to follow instructions.
- Demonstrated basic math skills.
- Interact with patients and co-workers requiring the employee to verbally communicate information, as well as understand spoken information.
- Operate food service equipment or computer requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- See and read labels, monitors, and documents.
- Carry, push/pull, and walk while transporting food, supplies, and service equipment.
- Climb, squat, kneel, and lift to clean equipment and reach and retrieve food and supplies.
- Remain standing for long periods of time to perform work.
- Tolerate extremes in temperature such as performing work at a grill or in a refrigerator, and tolerate exposure to cleaning chemicals.
- Leadership experience
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
*Sign on and Retention Bonus: Full Time/Part Time Benefit eligible positions may be eligible for $500 immediately after hire and $500 after a year of service. Bonus restrictions may apply. Food Service positions only. Current employees not eligible.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location Park City Medical Center
Expertise Food and Nutrition
Job Type Full Time
Location US-UT-Park City