Intermountain Healthcare Food Service Supervisor III - Full-time - Park City Medical Center in Park City, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
Assists facility department manager in the daily operations and in providing leadership to food production and service areas in the department.
Essential Job Duties
- Works with Coordinators or Supervisors in directing food service staff.
- Interviews, hires and trains new staff.
- Trains, coaches, and counsels staff.
- Responsible for scheduling staff to ensure appropriate level of staffing and coverage for vacation and call-ins within allowed budget. Manages overtime and premium pay.
- Plans and conducts team meetings.
- Modifies recipes and writes menus for customer groups.
- Evaluates product quality for taste, temperature, portion, and timely service. Takes corrective action when needed.
- Responsible for management of department resources, which may include inventory management, cash handling, and / or staff resource management.
- Plans and implements special projects.
- Assists manager in evaluating and planning food service systems.
- Ensures department food safety and sanitation standards are maintained.
- Ensures equipment and facility are in good / safe working order and takes action if needed.
- Leads by example and holds staff accountable to meet Intermountain standards.
- Supervises smooth transition of shifts.
- Consults with manager on issues / concerns and determines course of action.
- Resolves customer service issues appropriately.
- Participates in the strategic planning and budgeting processes for the department.
- Entry Rate: $19.09
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: Full-time
- Department: Food Services
- Location: Park City, UT
- Current food handlers permit as required by county.
- ServSafe Certification required within 90 days of hire
- Associate's degree, culinary degree, or dietary manager certification. Degree must be obtained through an accredited institution. Education is verified.
- Five years of related work experience.
- Three years of supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated basic computer competency.
- Interact with patients and co-workers requiring the employee to verbally communicate information, as well as understand spoken information.
- Operate food service equipment or computer requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- See and read labels, monitors, and documents.
- Carry, push/pull, and walk while transporting food, supplies, and service equipment.
- Climb, squat, kneel, and lift to clean equipment and reach and retrieve food and supplies.
- Remain standing for long periods of time to perform work.
- Tolerate extremes in temperature such as performing work at a grill or in a refrigerator.
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location Park City Medical Center
Expertise Food and Nutrition
Job Type Full Time
Location US-UT-Park City