Intermountain Healthcare Mammography Technologist- Park City Hospital in Park City, Utah
Park City/Heber area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
This position is accountable for performing radiographic mammography procedures which produce high quality diagnostic films for use in detection of problems of the breast. The incumbent works on a level not requiring constant supervision. The incumbent performs a variety of procedures that require independent judgment, creativity, and initiative in applying prescribed ionizing radiation for radiologic diagnosis of the breast.
Essential Job Duties
- Ensures proper patient identification, order verification, and prepares the patient for the exam.
- Performs radiologic mammography exams per department protocol including advanced Mammography procedures like stereotactic biopsies, clip placements, drainages, etc.
- Demonstrates positioning competency.
- Knowledgeable regarding breast self-examinations via answering questions and providing written materials to patients.
- Operates the mammographic equipment to ensure that diagnostic images of high quality are produced.
- Appropriately uses equipment, maneuvers the unit, and selects techniques to produce diagnostic images.
- Appropriately uses radiation protection to ensure the safety of patients and staff and meets all ALARA program requirements.
- Keeps current on new procedures and equipment so skills remain at a high level.
- Maintain records required by JCAHO and the Utah State Bureau of Radiation Control.
- Thoroughly and accurately completes all required documentation, including time stamps and image storage.
- Entry Rate: Dependent Upon Experience
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: This is a Full Time position working 4 days a week 36-40 hours. Hours will vary between 7AM-6PM, Monday-Friday.
- Department: Park City Hospital
- Registered Radiographer (ARRT).
- Current State RT license.
- Must meet and maintain mammography specific ACR & FDA/MQSA requirements.
- Must meet and maintain the ARRT Advanced Mammography Certification.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) for healthcare providers.
- Lifting, Manual Dexterity, Pulling/Pushing, Seeing, Speaking, Standing, Walking.
- Experience in Imaging or Mammography.
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 36
Primary Work Location Park City Hospital
Job Type Full Time
Location US-UT-Park City