Intermountain Healthcare Patient Service Representative (PSR) Park City Physical Therapy in Park City, Utah
Park City/Heber area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
This Patient Service Representative (PSR) will work at the front office of the Physical Therapy department. This PSR is responsible for managing the schedule and utilizing therapists’ time to maximize the efficiency and flow within the office. Experience in a fast paced environment, answering phones and multitasking would be beneficial to achieving excellence in this role.
Essential Job Duties
- 1. Uses available tools to complete timely and quality submission of bills and follows-up on patient accounts to ensure the prompt and accurate receipt of payments.
- 2. Uses appropriate follow-up methods and contacts in working with various payer types to ensure timely billing and claim resolution.
- 3. Performs account analysis for claim acceptance, rejection, or denials to ensure proper payments are received and ensures all account demographics including payer information is accurate and up to date.
- 4. Satisfies all Intermountain requirements regarding procedural, operational and compliance training and updates.
- 5. Maintains expected productivity and quality standards including working all daily, weekly and monthly reports timely and accurately.
- 6. Makes appropriate corrections to accounts during the collection cycle.
- 7. Communicates effectively and professionally with all internal and external entities. Provides courteous and professional service to all Intermountain patients, affiliates, providers, administrators, employees, co-workers, insurance representatives, vendor representatives, attorneys and other stake holders.
- Entry Rate: $13.05
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details:Full Time, 40 hours per week. Shifts will typically be scheduled 6:45 AM to 3:30 PM Monday through Friday
- Department:Park City Hospital Physical Therapy
- Two years of customer service experience.
- Keyboarding experience.
- Demonstrated good interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Interact with others requiring the employee to communicate information.
- Operate computers and other office equipment requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- See and read computer monitors and documents.
- Remain sitting or standing for long periods of time to perform work on a computer, telephone, or other equipment.
- Experience in a fast paced environment, requiring multitasking and answering phones
- Clerical experience in a professional office setting
- Experience in a Physical Therapy or Rehab setting highly preferred
- Prior experience scheduling patient appointments
- Experience with health insurance authorization
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location Park City Medical Center
Expertise Clerical / Secretarial / Business Office Support
Job Type Full Time
Location US-UT-Park City