Intermountain Healthcare Athletic Trainer-Full Time-Utah Valley Sports Medicine in Provo, Utah
Greater Provo area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
Under the direction of a Physician or Physical Therapist, the Athletic Trainer assists in the assessment and treatment of patients. May provide Certified Athletic Trainer services during practices and sporting events for high schools or other athletic teams.
Essential Job Duties
- Assess patients to determine modifications of therapy and treatment needs in consultation with physician or physical therapist.
- Develops exercise programs that appropriately addresses patient?s short and long term goals.
- Assists patients with prescribed therapeutic exercises per physician protocols or physical therapist directions.
- Monitors patient?s response to treatment.
- Educates patients regarding exercise program, health needs, and risks.
- Coordinates care with other patient care providers as appropriate.
- Completes appropriate documentation including reports, treatments and discharge summaries.
- Cleans, maintains, and inspects exercise equipment. Reports repair/maintenance needs.
- Actively engages in marketing and community educational programs.
- Provides Certified Athletic Trainer services as assigned: Maintains treatment log, communicates with coaches, and coordinates supplies used in the schools.
- Entry Rate: $18.78
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Current licensure as an Athletic Trainer.
- National athletic trainer certification.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers.
- Experience in a variety of computer programs including data bases, word processing, and internet.
- Carrying, crawling, hearing/listening, lifting, manual dexterity, pulling/pushing, seeing, sitting, speaking, squatting/kneeling, standing, and walking.
- Related working experience.
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location Utah Valley Hospital
Expertise Patient Care Support / Technicians
Job Type Full Time