Intermountain Healthcare Central Processing Tech-Certified in Provo, Utah
Greater Provo area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
This position is responsible for ensuring that all surgical supplies, instruments and equipment are properly inventoried, decontaminated, assembled, inspected, packaged, sterilized, stored, distributed and tracked in a quality / timely manner throughout the hospital. Performs these duties independently and without close supervision.
Essential Job Duties
- Disassemble, clean, decontaminate, and disinfect surgical instruments.
- Assemble, protect, wrap, contain, peel pack and label surgical instruments.
- Sterile instruments and equipment
- Pull case carts.
- Clean, troubleshoot and correctly use CP equipment.
- Perform and record all biological and chemical sterilization tests.
- Issue and receive durable, moveable clinical equipment.
- Issue sterile supplies to using areas.
- Perform inventory duties as required.
- Verified that all sterilization processes have been completed and met parameters before making equipment available for use.
- Helps train new CP Techs.
- Entry Rate: $14.77/hr.
- Benefits Eligible: Yes.
- Shift Details: Full-Time 40 hrs/week.
- Department: Surgical Services, Utah Valley Hospital.
- Additional Details: List any other position Details desired
- Current CP Certification from IAHCSM.
- Ongoing need for employee to see and read information, labels, sterile indicator tags, colors, operate equipment, identify equipment and supplies.
- Frequent interactions with care providers that require employee to verbally communicate as well as hear and understand spoken information, alarms, needs, and issues quickly and accurately, particularly during emergency situations.
- Manual dexterity of hands and fingers to manipulate complex and delicate equipment with precision and accuracy. This includes frequent computer use and typing for documenting, accessing needed information, etc.
- Expected to lift and utilize full range of movement to transfer equipment. Will also bend to retrieve, lift, reach and carry supplies and equipment. Typically includes items of varying weights, up to and including heavy items.
- Need to walk and assist with transporting, obtaining and distributing supplies and equipment. This includes pushing/pulling portable equipment, including heavy items. Often required to navigate crowded and busy rooms (full of equipment, power cords on the floor, etc.).
- May be expected to stand in a stationary position with person protective equipment for an extended period of time.
- One or more years experience as a Central Processing Tech.
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location Utah Valley Hospital
Expertise Patient Care Support / Technicians
Job Type Full Time