Intermountain Healthcare Chef de Cuisine II in Provo, Utah
Greater Provo area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
This position manages and coordinates proper food production, according to recipe, menu, and therapeutic diet requirements, department standards, and regulatory agencies, for retail, catering, and patient meal services within the assigned facility. This role has direct responsibility for providing foods and beverages that meet nutrient, appearance, freshness, variety, and ample choice expectations, while ensuring adherence to cost containment measures and realized patient and customer expectations.
Essential Job Duties
Works with the Executive Chefs, NS Leadership team and the NS Facility Manager to:
Specify and coordinate procurement and inventory of all food products needed at the facility.
- Ensure adherence to the NS managed order guide.
- Procurement of high quality and value in all food purchases while meeting facility budgetary guidelines.
- Implement and manage chef and cook staffing models and guidelines based on facility production volumes to ensure adherence to labor budgets.
- Contribute and inform on decisions related to facility capital equipment needs.
- Partner with the facility manager to effectively manage the NS food budget at the facility.
- Responsible for implementation and adherence of all system recipes and menus at the facility (patient meal, retail, and catering) to ensure food and meal presentation quality and appearance standards.
- Ensure adherence to Joint Commission standards related to kitchen operations and food production safety, sanitation, and temperature maintenance.
- Implements system standards for: food preparations, equipment use, kitchen safety, kitchen security, culinary skill requirements and adherence to public health safety/sanitation standards.
- Stays current with and introduces new products, recipes and trends to the Executive Chefs and NS Leadership team for all focus areas - patient meal, cafe/bistro, and catering experience.
- Works with the facility NS Manager to ensure Emergency and Disaster Preparedness plans related to the provision of safe, secure, and adequate food.
- Advises and guides the utilization of departmental computer-based menu and production management systems to forecast and prepare unit orders, outside orders, production lists, cooks worksheets, inventory tracking and recipe costing.
- Assists with procurement of all food products needed for production and monitors facility inventory and control of products.
- Responsible for culinary skills education of chefs and cooks at the facility.
- Assists with chef and cook performance appraisals and develops job descriptions.
- Participates in quality monitoring and directs improvement activities and processes measured by quality control monitors.
- Participates in patient rounding and/or Patient and Family Advisor Committee activities quarterly.
- Collaborates with the Office of Patient Experience at the facility level to ensure adherence to established Press Ganey scores.
- Attends and participates in large scale catered events for the organization and community to offer guidance and assistance while promoting the service line and organization.
- Participates in local social and media events.
- Entry Rate: $23.10 per hour, or more depending on experience
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: Full-Time Exempt, 40 hours/week
- Department: Food Services, Utah Valley Hospital
- Additional Details: This position will execute leadership for the production areas, salads, cooks, bakery, ordering, receiving, and housekeeping.
- Associates degree in Culinary Arts must be obtained through an accredited institution. Education is verified.
- Five years' experience as Chef.
- Demonstrated effective business and financial skills in restaurant or healthcare foodservice industry
- Demonstrated creative and appealing recipe and menu development skills and culinary skills.
- Demonstrated effective verbal, written, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Experience using word processing, spreadsheet and database applications, internet and e-mail and scheduling applications, as well as computerized tracking systems.
- ServSafe certification within 90 days of employment.
- Interact with others by effectively communicating, both orally and in writing.
- Operate computers and other office equipment requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- See and read computer monitors and documents.
- Remain sitting or standing for long periods of time to perform work on a computer, telephone, or other equipment.
- May require lifting and transporting objects and office supplies, bending, kneeling and reaching.
- Completion of Culinary Institute of America program. (Trauma facility only)
- Experience using food production applications.
- Experience with Computrition.
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location Utah Valley Hospital
Expertise Food and Nutrition
Job Type Full Time