Intermountain Healthcare Food Service Supv II in Provo, Utah
Greater Provo area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
Assists facility department manager in the daily operation of the food production and service areas in the department.
Essential Job Duties
- 1. Works with Coordinators or Supervisor I in directing food service staff.
- 2. May interview, hire and train new staff.
- 3. Assists in training, coaching, and counseling staff.
- 4. Responsible for scheduling staff to ensure appropriate level of staffing and coverage for vacation and call-ins within allowed budget. Manages overtime and premium pay with budget.
- 5. Conducts and participates in team meetings.
- 6. May modify recipes and write menus for customer groups.
- 7. Evaluates product quality for taste, temperature, portion, and timely service. Takes corrective action when necessary.
- 8. Responsible for management of assigned department resources, which may include inventory management, cash handling, and/or staff resource management.
- 9. May plan and implement special projects.
- 10. May assist manager in evaluating and planning food service systems.
- 11. Ensures department food safety and sanitation standards are maintained.
- 12. Monitors equipment to ensure good/safe working order.
- 13. Leads by example and holds staff accountable to meet Intermountain standards.
- 14. Supervises smooth transition of shifts.
- 15. Keeps manager informed of issues/concerns.
- 16. Deals appropriately with customer service issues.
- Entry Rate: $15.78 per hour, or more depending on experience
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: Full-Time, 40 hours/week, This position generally works from Monday - Friday, 6:00am - 3:00pm. Responsible for weekend supervising on a rotating basis. Person needs to be able to work long hours on days when we have large catering events.
- Department: Food Services, Utah Valley Hospital
- Current Food Handler's Permit as required by county
- ServSafe Certification required within 90 days of hire
- Three years related work experience
- Two years supervisory experience
- Interact with patients and co-workers requiring the employee to verbally communicate information, as well as understand spoken information.
- Operate food service equipment or computer requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- See and read labels, monitors, and documents.
- Carry, push/pull, and walk while transporting food, supplies, and service equipment.
- Climb, squat, kneel, and lift to clean equipment and reach and retrieve food and supplies.
- Remain standing for long periods of time to perform work.
- Tolerate extremes in temperature such as performing work at a grill or in a refrigerator.
- Computer and cashiering experience
- A strong catering background
- Creativity in menu planning
- Strong leadership skills
- Proven communication skills with customer interactions
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location Utah Valley Hospital
Expertise Food and Nutrition
Job Type Full Time