Intermountain Healthcare Nuclear Medicine Tech-PET/CT- Utah Valley Hospital in Provo, Utah
Greater Provo area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
This position is responsible for performing all Nuclear Med Tech exams accurately and efficiently. These employees will also be required to know the processes, equipment, and procedures to conduct PET/CT exams, with the expectation that they will be performing them regularly and frequently.
Essential Job Duties
- Ensures proper patient identification, order verification, and prepares the patient for the exam.
- Performs Nuclear Medicine examinations per departmental protocol.
- Familiar with the ALARA program and follows proper radiation safety protocol.
- Uses proper protection and badges.
- Proper handling of radiopharmaceuticals for diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
- Ensures that the appropriate radioactive material is given to the correct patient through the proper route for imaging and treatment purposes.
- Practices appropriate infection control and sterile techniques.
- Understands and operates all nuclear medicine equipment and related information systems appropriately to ensure quality images are produced.
- Exhibits understanding and proficiency with electronic imaging. Incumbent will be able to view, transfer and manipulate images.
- Prepare, calculate and measure radiopharmaceuticals for all nuclear medicine procedures.
- Follows all regulations of the Utah Division of Radiation Control and NRC license and any other regulatory agencies governing the use of radiopharmaceuticals.
- Document radioactive materials entering or leaving the department; store and maintain materials according to safety guidelines; and dispose of materials after they have decayed to a level considered to be environmentally safe.
- Assists in maintaining records and logs required by Joint Commission, the State of Utah and the Imaging department.
- Thoroughly and accurately completes all required documentation, including time stamps and image storage.
- Proficiently and independently performs PET/CT exams in a fixed or mobile setting.
- Complies with processes and guidelines for receiving, documenting, handling, and administration of PET/CT isotopes (i.e. FDG).
- Appropriately handles all phases of image interaction, including quality image production, manipulation, fusion, transmission to PACS and workstations, and storage.
- Successfully integrates PET/CT images with Oncology treatment planning systems.
- Ensures compliance with QA requirements and processes related to PET/CT and radioisotopes.
- Exhibits knowledge and proficiency in the radiation safety aspects that are unique to PET/CT.
- Entry Rate: Dependent Upon Experience
- Benefits Eligible: No
- Shift Details: This position is PRN or as needed. Hours may fluctuate each week from 0 to 40 hours as there are no guaranteed shift for this position.
- Department: Utah Valley Hospital- Nuclear Medicine
- Completion of a formal Nuclear Med Tech training program.
- ARRTNM or NMTCB Registration.
- Current state Radiology Tech License.
- Basic Life Support Certification (BLS) for healthcare providers.
- 3 years Nuclear Medicine experience.
- 1 year of PET/CT experience.
- Hearing/Listening, Lifting, Manual Dexterity, Seeing, Standing.
- CT experience.
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 0
Primary Work Location Utah Valley Hospital
Job Type On-Call / PRN