Intermountain Healthcare Patient Care Tech - Infusion Center - Utah Valley in Provo, Utah
Greater Provo area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
The Patient Care Tech functions as a clinical support partner to assist the patient care team by performing various tasks and procedures as instructed by a licensed professional.
Essential Job Duties
- Prioritizes and delivers basic patient care which may include toileting, bathing, linen and clothing changes, fresh water and ice, ambulating, comfort measures, and other patient needs.
- Assists with admission, discharge, and transfer of patients.
- Provides excellent customer service when responding to patient and family requests.
- Reports and records patient care findings and data in a timely manner. Reports changes in the patient condition quickly and secures qualified assistance as needed.
- Based on unit, may also be responsible for telemetry duties.
- Can function as a patient care attendant by monitoring patient, taking care of patient care needs, and involving other members of the patient care team as needed.
- When working on a clinical unit, may be required to take medications from the delivery system to the RN.
- Collaborates and consults with RN and other members of the interdisciplinary team for best patient care.
- Demonstrates effective teamwork, prioritization, communication, and organization.
- Performs non-nursing duties as delegated (e.g., cleaning, stocking, answering phones, clerical support, providing directions).
- Implements plan of care as delegated.
- Performs assigned duties within Scope of Practice. Performs specialized procedures with skill validation and according to regulatory standards. Fosters a safe environment by complying with the safety policy and taking appropriate action in an emergency.
- Entry Rate: $12.66 + depending on experience
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: 8:00-4:30 Monday thru Friday
- Department: Infusion Center - Utah Valley
- Additional Details: Two positions, one will work at Utah Valley Hospital one will work at the American Fork Hospital
- Current CNA Certification.
- Basic Life Support Certification (BLS) for healthcare providers.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ongoing need for employee to see and read information, labels, assess patient needs, operate monitors, identify equipment and supplies.
- Frequent interactions with patient care providers, patients, and visitors that require employee to verbally communicate as well as hear and understand spoken information, alarms, needs, and issues quickly and accurately, particularly during emergency situations.
- Manual dexterity of hands and fingers to manipulate complex and delicate equipment with precision and accuracy. This includes frequent computer use and typing for documenting patient care, accessing needed information, medication preparation, etc.
- Expected to lift and utilize full range of movement to transfer patients. Will also bend to retrieve, lift, and carry supplies and equipment. Typically includes items of varying weights, up to and including heavy items.
- Need to walk and assist with transporting/ambulating patients and obtaining and distributing supplies and equipment. This includes pushing/pulling gurneys and portable equipment, including heavy items. Often required to navigate crowded and busy rooms (full of equipment, power cords on the floor, etc).
- May be expected to stand in a stationary position for an extended period of time.
- CNA experience or applicable healthcare experience.
- Current enrollment in nursing school.
- Basic computer skills.
- IV experience
All positions subject to close without notice. Intermountain Healthcare prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran status, disability and/or genetic information.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location Utah Valley Hospital
Expertise Patient Care Support / Technicians
Job Type Full Time