Intermountain Healthcare Medical Assistant, MA - South Salt Lake Area Clinics in Riverton, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
In a fast-paced medical assistant career, you will solve problems and be everywhere at once, while remaining calm and professional. With a highly versatile skill set, you will be an important part of the care team in the clinic, providing high quality care and helping patients live the healthiest lives possible.
- Entry Rate: $13.68 or more depending on experience
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: Full-Time, 36 or 40 hours
Positions currently available:
Alta View Podiatry - Alta View Campus (MA II or above)
- Alta View Urology - Alta View Campus (MA II or above)
- Alta View Internal Medicine - Alta View Campus (MA I or above)
- Alta View Senior - Alta View Campus (MA I or above)
- Draper Clinic (MA II or above)
- South Sandy Clinic (MA II or above)
- Southridge Medical Specialty’s - Riverton Hospital (MA II or above)
- Current Basic Life Support Certification (BLS) for healthcare providers.
- Satisfactorily completes applicable competency assessments/skills checklists within 90 days of hire/transfer into Medical Assistant job.
- Ongoing need for employee to see and read information, labels, assess patient needs, operate monitors, identify equipment and supplies.
- Frequent interactions with patient care providers, patients, and visitors that require employee to verbally communicate as well as hear and understand spoken information, alarms, needs, and issues quickly and accurately, particularly during emergency situations.
- Manual dexterity of hands and fingers to manipulate complex and delicate equipment with precision and accuracy. This includes frequent computer use and typing for documenting patient care, accessing needed information, medication preparation, etc.
- Expected to lift and utilize full range of movement to transfer patients. Will also bend to retrieve, lift, and carry supplies and equipment. Typically includes items of varying weights, up to and including heavy items.
- Need to walk and assist with transporting/ambulating patients and obtaining and distributing supplies and equipment. This includes pushing/pulling gurneys and portable equipment, including heavy items. Often required to navigate crowded and busy rooms (full of equipment, power cords on the floor, etc).
- May be expected to stand in a stationary position for an extended period of time.
- Successful completion of an accredited Medical Assistant program or one with which Intermountain Healthcare has a valid affiliation agreement, or 3 years of Medical Assistant experience in an outpatient clinic or other healthcare setting, or 3 years of LPN or RN experience, successful completion of an accredited LPN or RN program, and a current LPN or RN license.
- Current national MA certification from one of the following national MA certifications/registrations: Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) of AMT, National Certified Medical Assistant (NCMA), Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA), or Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) of the AAMA.
- Experience in an outpatient clinic or other healthcare setting.
- Successful completion of a Medical Assistant internship.
- 6 months of Medical Scribe experience or related training.
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 36
Primary Work Location MG Support
Expertise Patient Care Support / Technicians
Job Type Full Time