Intermountain Healthcare Ophthalmology Tech in Riverton, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
Performs preliminary examinations and evaluations of patients with ocular complaints, disease, or disorders by initiating and executing technical tests utilized exclusively in ophthalmology. Provides information to and consults with ophthalmologists.
Essential Job Duties
- 1. Functions as the patient advocate by teaching, directing patients, and clarifying ophthalmologist instructions per department protocol.
- 2. Assists ophthalmologists with a variety of procedures as identified by the Ophthalmology Department.
- 3. Assists with accepting and updating literature and samples from pharmaceutical representatives.
- 4. Maintains supplies and equipment for department function including inventory control.
- 5. Practices and is aware of all safety precautions as outlined by OSHA and the CDC.
- 6. Attends in-services and other opportunities to enhance knowledge.
- 7. Completes yearly clinical skill reviews.
- 8. Completes and records Quality Monitors as established by the Regional Nurse Consultant.
- 9. Actively participates in quality improvement initiatives (i.e. CQI, TQM, Lean, 100% participation, etc.).
- Entry Rate: $18.78
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: Full time
- Department: Southridge Medical Specialties at Riverton Hospital
- Current Certified Ophthalmic Assistant License
- One year clinic experience
- Effective communication skills
- Carrying, Hearing/Listening, Lifting, Manual Dexterity, Pulling/Pushing, Seeing, Sitting, Speaking, Standing, Walking
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location Riverton Hospital
Expertise Patient Care Support / Technicians
Job Type Full Time