Intermountain Healthcare Ultrasound Tech I- PT- Riverton Hospital in Riverton, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
The Ultrasound Tech provides excellent customer service by performing ultrasound examinations under the direction of a physician for identification of abnormalities leading to patient diagnosis.
Essential Job Duties
- Ensures proper patient identification, verifies orders, and prepares patients for exams.
- Uses proper imaging techniques to ensure timely, safe, and high quality diagnostic exams.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform any exam on all ages of patients (neonates, pediatrics, adolescents, adults and geriatrics) using appropriate protocol and following ACR guidelines.
- Demonstrates proficiency on all clinical equipment within the department.
- Completes and annotates a medically acceptable exam, following ACR guidelines while producing the maximum diagnostic information in a minimal amount of time.
- Follows appropriate protocol for medical necessity, coding and charging, obtaining consents if necessary, documenting any events that may occur, for quality, maintaining a current QC program for ACR and reporting any equipment failures or problems.
- Exhibits good safety practices in body substance protection, cleaning of equipment, using proper sterile techniques, and removing any expired materials.
- Thoroughly and accurately completes all required documentation, including time stamps and image storage.
- Entry Rate: Dependent Upon Experience
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: This is a Part Time position working the following shifts: Week One- Mon & Thurs 6:45PM-12:30AM and Overnight Call on Monday 12:30AM-7AM. Week Two- Mon, Thurs, Fri 6:45AM-12:30AM, Sat & Sun 9AM-9PM, Overnight Call on Monday 12:30AM-7AM.
- Department: Riverton Hospital
- ARRT Registry or ARDMS Registry. The ARDMS must include successful completion of one registry pertinent to the department beyond physics (options include OB, abdominal, neuro, breast, and, vascular).
- Basic life support (BLS) certification for healthcare providers.
- Carrying, Hearing/Listening, Lifting, Manual Dexterity, Pulling/Pushing, Seeing, Sitting, Speaking, Standing.
- Ultrasound experience.
All positions subject to close without notice. Intermountain Healthcare prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran status, disability and/or genetic information.
Working Hours 26
Primary Work Location Riverton Hospital
Job Type Part Time