Intermountain Healthcare Accounting Manager - Hospitals in Salt Lake City, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
This position is responsible for the accounting operations for multiple hospitals, including ensuring financial accounting and reporting is in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles; maintaining a strong system of internal controls; hiring, training, developing and retaining competent personnel; and providing excellent services to customers.
Essential Job Duties
- 1. Ensures the financial statements are in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP). Serves as a consultant with management and direct reports regarding application of GAAP.
- 2. Develops and ensures a strong system of internal controls (within area of accountability) to protect company assets. Provides internal control expertise in other areas as needed or directed.
- 3. Oversees accounts payable, payroll, general ledger, fixed assets, month-end closing and financial statements, reconciliations, journal entries, training, etc for a region/major division. May oversee one major accounting function that supports the entire health system.
- 4. Accountable for quality, accuracy, and process improvement in all work.
- 5. Collaborates with administration and department managers to support initiatives. Provides education regarding accounting issues.
- 6. Demonstrates an in-depth understanding of the interrelationship of finance areas within hospitals and system-wide finance functions.
- 7. Participates in and is accountable for system-wide projects.
- 8. Directly supervises, coaches, and mentors other professionals and staff who are involved in the accounting process.
- 9. Utilizes effective leadership skills to remove barriers to productivity and effectiveness. Provides timely recognition and constructive feedback to help staff improve, increase technical and interpersonal skills. Sets meaningful goals to meet or exceed customer expectations, improves accounting processes and prepares staff for greater responsibilities.
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: full time, exempt
- Department: Accounting Services
- Office location: Salt Lake City, Utah
- Masters in Accounting or related financial field with seven years of experience. Degree must be obtained through an accredited institution. Education is verified.
- Demonstrated ability to manage an Accounting Department effectively with over all accountability for department outcomes.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities in a team environment and able to work collaboratively with others.
- Direct management experience of staff.
- Demonstrated self-motivated with the ability to work with limited direct supervision.
- Demonstrated detail oriented with excellent organizational and analytical skills. Flexible and adaptable to change.
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills (both written and oral) with the ability to communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Computer skill experience including: spreadsheets, word processing and Internet.
- Interact with others requiring the employee to communicate information.
- Operate computers and other office equipment requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- See and read computer monitors and documents.
- Remain sitting or standing for long periods of time to perform work on a computer, telephone, or other equipment.
- Certified Public Accountant.
- Working knowledge of Intermountain information systems and financial processes (e.g., PeopleSoft, Kronos)
- Database knowledge
All positions subject to close without notice. Intermountain Healthcare prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran status, disability and/or genetic information.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location Central Offices
Expertise Business / Administration
Job Type Full Time
Location US-UT-Salt Lake City