Intermountain Healthcare Auditor-Associate - IA Corp in Salt Lake City, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
Under direction of Internal Audit management, this position works as an audit team member responsible for the timely execution of financial reporting control test work and risk-based internal audits in accordance with the annual audit plan. The position applies a systematic methodology for analyzing business processes, procedures, and activities with the goal of evaluating and improving the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
Essential Job Duties
1. Complies with the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
2. Performs risk-based audit assignments. Audits address operational, compliance, financial, information technology, environmental, and/or safety/health risks including specialized regulatory pressures of the healthcare industry.
3. Assists with audit evaluations to provide reasonable assurance that risk management, control and governance systems are functioning as intended and will enable the organization to meet its objectives and goals. Conducts audit testing of specified area and identifies reportable issues and underlying root causes. Determines compliance with policies, procedures, and regulations.
4. Reports risk management issues and internal control deficiencies via professionally written deliverables that are appropriate for all levels of management and governance, including the Executive Leadership Team and the Audit and Compliance Committee of the Board of Trustees.
5. Completes Financial Reporting Control documentation and test work (similar to Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404: Assessment of internal control).
6. Provides system-wide risk assessment input to ensure the Internal Audit plan adequately and effectively addresses the company's current risk environment.
7. Develops positive relationships and effectively communicates with audit clients.
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: full time, exempt
- Department: Internal Audit
- Office location: Salt Lake City, Utah (Central offices)
- Bachelor's degree. Degree must be obtained through an accredited institution. Education is verified.
- Experience requiring effective problem-solving, critical thinking, process analysis, and other strong analytical skills. May be evidenced by professional experience, or through educational emphasis in Internal Audit or other similar program.
- Experience in a role requiring strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Experience in managing or planning work assignments that require strong interpersonal and organizational skills, and managing time effectively with moderate supervision.
- Demonstrated collaboration, team-orientation, and initiative skills.
- Demonstrated detail-oriented with critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in word processing and spreadsheets.
- Ability to travel to Intermountain Health Care, Inc. locations; most travel occurs intra-day and to locations within the Wasatch Front.
- Interact with others requiring the employee to communicate information.
- Operate computers and other office equipment requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- See and read computer monitors and documents.
- Remain sitting or standing for long periods of time to perform work on a computer, telephone, or other equipment.
- Degree with an emphasis in Internal Audit or in business, clinical, or information systems field.
- Industry or institutional work experience.
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location Central Offices
Expertise Business / Administration
Job Type Full Time
Location US-UT-Salt Lake City