Intermountain Healthcare Care Transformation-Data Developer in Salt Lake City, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
This role centers around the ability to perform advanced data movement, visualization, transformation and normalization using a myriad of vended and internally developed data platforms and products. This role requires knowledge of how data elements are used in the organization, data architecture,analytic concepts, best data governance, and data lineage/mapping principles, to support best practices to meet caregiver data needs to drive clinical practice, and business decisions. This role will require the ability to work collaboratively with application teams, data analysts and solution analysts to ensure that data processes are optimized to best support these aligned roles.
Essential Job Duties
- 1. Codes, tests, debugs, and documents programs, and enhances existing programs to ensure that production systems continue to meet user needs.
- 2. Coordinates interface with user management regarding project status, direction and user needs to promote an environment of user cooperation and satisfaction.
- 3. Coordinates with the testing process through test review and analysis, test witnessing and certification of software.
- 4. Contributes to the development of high level system architecture documents and detailed design specifications to serve as a guide for data development.
- 5. May assist with scheduling, determining manpower requirements, and estimating costs to project completion in order to meet user requirements.
- 6. Maintains a high level understanding of industry data development best practices, governance, tools, programming languages and techniques. Keeps current with new developments in the information technology industry and assists in the development and implementation of standards and methodologies at the organizational and departmental levels.
- 7. Coordinates with analysts and consultants in the design and development of new software applications.
- 8. Works with external suppliers to coordinate software integration and resolution of problems.
- Entry Rate: $28.84 (varies depending on experience)
- Benefits Yes
- Shift Details: M-F, business hours
- Department: Data Analytics Platforms
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution or four years of data developer experience. Degree will be verified.
- Two years of experience in a role demonstrating the following: Analytics, Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, Engineering / Development Capability, Organization, Results Oriented, Semantic Interoperability, Workflow knowledge, Solid understanding of relational data structures and data integration techniques, and Proficiency with one or more programming languages like R and Scala.
- Two years of experience in a role demonstrating the following: Proficiency with scripting languages such as bash or Python in Unix/Linux environments, Broad modeling experience using any modeling tools, ETL experience using any one of the ETL tools (e.g. Informatica, Talend, Data Stage, SSIS), Experience in at least one of the leading BI tools (e.g. Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, SAS Enterprise, QlikView), Exposure to data processing platforms (e.g. Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Oozie,, MapReduce, Spark, Shark, Storm, RabbitMQ, Flume), Experience with one or more relational and NOSQL data stores and distributed in-memory solutions such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, Cassandra, Hbase etc., Experience in data lifecycle management including data ingestion, data quality validation, audit support, archive and purge processes.
- Experience using word processing, advanced or complex spreadsheet and database applications, internet and e-mail and scheduling applications, as well as computerized tracking systems.
- Ability to travel - primarily throughout the Intermountain system.
- Clinical incumbents whose specialty require licensure (e.g. Pharmacists, Registered Nurses, Respiratory Therapists, etc.) must hold current state licensure.
- Interact with others by effectively communicating, both orally and in writing.
- Operate computers and other office equipment requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- See and read computer monitors and documents.
- Remain sitting or standing for long periods of time to perform work on a computer, telephone, or other equipment.
- Five or more years of data developer experience.
- Prior experience in a role demonstrating the following: Ability to identify optimization opportunities, Application / Solution knowledge, Clinical Acumen / Best Practices, Develop working relationships across teams, Industry Knowledge and Leadership.
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location Parkway Building
Expertise Information Technology
Job Type Full Time
Location US-UT-Salt Lake City