Intermountain Healthcare Central Processing Supv - FT - PCH in Salt Lake City, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
The CP Supervisor is responsible to ensure all surgical supplies, instruments and equipment are properly decontaminated, assembled, inspected, packaged, sterilized, and distributed. They are accountable to have supplies, instruments and staff ready for all applicable Surgical Service's needs.
Essential Job Duties
- Ensures accuracy of work performed in sterile core areas of Surgery including staffing and scheduling. Responsible for day-to-day operation of CP. Provides input to performance evaluations.
- Orders, manages, maintains, and inventories instruments and equipment. Responsible for the overall management of surgical supplies and equipment support.
- Leads QA / Education efforts in CP. Responsible for all QA / Infection Control within CP Unit. Coordinates training of QA staff development initiatives. Coordinates training and Education.
- Facilitates relationships between CP and Surgical Services. Act as a CP resource to other clinical areas. Creates and maintain resource / reference material for surgical instruments.
- Prepares and utilizes budget reports.
- Assists Manager with HR functions including hiring, evaluations, counseling, and other duties assigned by management.
- Entry Rate: $20.65
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: Full Time
- Department: Central Processing, Primary Children's Hospital
- Current CP certification from IAHCSM.
- Two years of applicable work experience in Central Processing or Surgical Services.
- Experience with pertinent software.
- Strong problem solving skills demonstrated.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ongoing need for employee to see and read information, labels, sterile indicator tags, colors, operate equipment, identify equipment and supplies.
- Frequent interactions with care providers that require employee to verbally communicate as well as hear and understand spoken information, alarms, needs, and issues quickly and accurately, particularly during emergency situations.
- Manual dexterity of hands and fingers to manipulate complex and delicate equipment with precision and accuracy. This includes frequent computer use and typing for documenting, accessing needed information, etc.
- Expected to lift and utilize full range of movement to transfer equipment. Will also bend to retrieve, lift, reach and carry supplies and equipment. Typically includes items of varying weights, up to and including heavy items.
- Need to walk and assist with transporting, obtaining and distributing supplies and equipment. This includes pushing/pulling portable equipment, including heavy items. Often required to navigate crowded and busy rooms (full of equipment, power cords on the floor, etc.).
- May be expected to stand in a stationary position with person protective equipment for an extended period of time.
- Supervisory experience.
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location Primary Children's Hospital
Expertise Patient Care Support / Technicians
Job Type Full Time
Location US-UT-Salt Lake City