Intermountain Healthcare CI Business Partner in Salt Lake City, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
This position functions as a point of contact to leaders across the organization for the Intermountain Operating Method under the direction of Continuous Improvement Executive Business Partners. Performs a wide spectrum of professional duties and responsibilities in performance and process improvement on facility level. Participates in meetings and provides coaching and expertise on how to improve a variety of operational issues including the leader standard work, prioritization and cycle of improvement, and critical decisions and coaches and mentors leadership professionals as well as Continuous Improvement team members on improvement fundamentals and systems thinking.
Essential Job Duties
- Provides coaching to leaders on the development, deployment, and integration of the Intermountain Operating Method.
- Plans and leads change in a facility. Creates action plans for effectively implementing a business initiative. Effectively communicates, presents, and responds to clinical and operational leadership.
- Develops relationships of influence with leaders to the point that said leaders actively seeks consultation. Develops and manages a relationship of trust in parallel with improvement events.
- Supports the development of leader standard work for director-level leaders and ensures connection back to strategy deployment/prioritized improvement goals.
- Manages prioritization and expectations of Continuous Improvement work at a facility. Ensures those responsible for implementation have role clarity, accountability, authority, skills and knowledge required for an implementation consistent with organizational values.
- Effectively plans and facilitates improvement events and initiatives across one or multiple facilities, including overall facilitator guide and breakout team guides, with the potential to cross divisions and clinical programs. Develops contingency plans so activities or timelines can be readily adjusted when internal or external factors change.
- Utilizes and teaches others on the use of numerous tools and approaches for problem solving and data collection. Collects, analyzes, and displays data, and to effectively influence improvement actions of teams based on the data. Can drive results with a team in a short amount of time.
- Serves as a subject matter expert and coach for leaders, caregivers, and others in the application of the Intermountain Operating Method.
- Participates in meetings and provides coaching and expertise on how to improve a variety of operational issues including the leader standard work, prioritization and cycle of improvement, and critical decisions.
- Teaches and shows application of all components of the Intermountain Operating Method to others including the culture, principles, system, tools, rationale, and the associated behaviors.
- Supports the strategy deployment cycle including the development and deployment of goals, the check/adjust process, and coaching leaders on A3 thinking.
- Proactively establishes measurement systems to track implementation steps and results.
- Delivers employee and leader education opportunities including New Employee and Leader Orientation, event-based training, and other formal and informal educational opportunities. Champions and promotes the Continuous Improvement culture throughout the organization.
- Entry Rate: $34.23 (varies depending on experience)
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: M-F, business hours
- Department: Continuous Improvement
- Master's Degree in a business, engineering or health care related field and two years of professional experience. Degree must be obtained through an accredited institution. Education is verified.or Bachelor's Degree in a business, engineering or health care related field and four years of professional experience
- Two years of experience in continuous process improvement using industry-accepted methodologies
- Two years of experience leading projects, mentoring and leading teams with a demonstrated high degree of accuracy and sound decision making
- Experience in a role requiring effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills and strong analytical skill-set in data management
- Proven ability to simplify complex system initiatives into operational practices including the ability to make appropriate adjustment and develop sustainment plans.
- Must possess a working knowledge of the history, theory, and practice of process improvement, including familiarity with a wide range of industry accepted process improvement tools and methodologies
- Ability to lead projects through an ambiguous, conceptual state to an organized deliverable
- Advanced level competency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint and Visio.
- Interact with others by effectively communicating, both orally and in writing.
- Operate computers and other office equipment requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- See and read computer monitors and documents.
- Remain sitting or standing for long periods of time to perform work on a computer, telephone, or other equipment.
- May require lifting and transporting objects and office supplies, bending, kneeling and reaching.
- Experience providing performance/process analysis and improvement in a health care setting.
- Experience working for an organization who has a formal improvement method such as Continuous Improvement, Lean, Six Sigma or other methods.
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location Intermountain Medical Center
Expertise Business / Administration
Job Type Full Time
Location US-UT-Salt Lake City