Intermountain Healthcare Clinical Engineer I, II, or III in Salt Lake City, Utah
Greater Provo area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
The Clinical Engineer I is typically assigned to perform preventive maintenance and repair of individual devices and equipment, and works under direct or indirect supervision.
Essential Job Duties
- 1. Preventative Maintenance: Accountable to perform preventive maintenance (PM) on all assigned equipment, including detailed documentation. May assist in writing PM protocols.
- 2. Corrective Maintenance: Performs corrective maintenance and repairs on assigned equipment and instrumentation, including detailed documentation. Accountable to maintain proper levels of parts and supplies and assist in finding cost saving suppliers. Accountable for clear and effective communication with medical and hospital staff at all levels regarding issues / concerns, to promote professional knowledgeable resolutions.
- 3. Policy and Procedure: Maintains an up-to-date knowledge of policies and procedures relative to the Clinical Engineering department, Federal, State, Local JCAHO, Equipment Resource Management (ERM) and Intermountain Healthcare.
- 4. Prioritize Workload: Properly prioritizes workloads and manages time effectively.
- 5. Installation: Performs inspections and installation on assigned incoming equipment according to CE policy.
- 6. In-Service Training: Accountable to coordinate in-service training for proper use and operations of all medical equipment with departments and/or user of that equipment.
- Entry Rate: Determined by Years of Experience
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: Full Time, 40 Hours per Week
- Department: Clinical Engineering, Primary Childrens Hospital
- Additional Details: List any other position Details desired
- Associate of Applied Science Degree in Electronics Technology or two years of general electronic experience. Degree must be obtained through an accredited institution. Education will be verified.
- Carrying, Climbing, Hearing / Listening, Lifting, Manual Dexterity, Pushing / Pulling, Seeing, Sitting, Speaking, Squatting / Kneeling, Standing, Walking
- Experience in a clinical engineering role.
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location Primary Children's Hospital
Expertise Patient Care Support / Technicians
Job Type Full Time
Location US-UT-Salt Lake City