Intermountain Healthcare Clinical Lab Asst I - Primary Children's Hospital - Part time in Salt Lake City, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
Facilitates laboratory organization and patient care by ordering, preparing and directing testing to appropriate lab / testing.
Essential Job Duties
- 1. Responsible for accurately receiving, ordering, processing, labeling and auditing specimens according to established procedure.
- 2. Recognizes factors that may affect testing outcomes, takes appropriate action to solve problems, and consistently documents solutions according to established protocols.
- 3. Learns and maintains appropriate knowledge of all computer systems and test ordering practices insuring all specimens are properly entered in all computer systems.
- 4. Effectively communicates specimen collection and handling requirements, providing service to external and internal customers.
- 5. Performs and documents quality assurance checks and provides correction/maintenance.
- 6. May participate in informal training and mentoring of new employees.
- 7. Identifies opportunities for continuous process improvement and executes project conception, data collection and implementation.
- 8. Performs sterile specimen preparation techniques.
- 9. Follows appropriate documentation protocol and properly identifies patients and correctly labels samples.
- 10. May help maintain supply room inventory, notifying supervisor / designee when supplies are low.
- 11. May perform some testing.
- Entry Rate: $13.68
- Part time, 24 hours per week - Must be able to work swing shift and weekends
- Benefits Eligible
- High School diploma or GED in compliance with CLIA regulations
- Excellent communication skills to include ability to read, write, speak and understand effectively in English.
- Customer service skills
- Ability to work in a team environment under stressful situations.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Basic computer skills
- Flexibility to work a variety of shifts that may include weekends, holidays and nights.
- Interact with others requiring the employee to verbally communicate information.
- Operate computers and complex and delicate lab equipment requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- See and read lab equipment, monitors, and documents.
- Remain sitting or standing for long periods of time to perform work on a computer or other equipment.
- Prior Clinical lab experience
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 24
Primary Work Location Primary Children's Hospital
Job Type Part Time
Location US-UT-Salt Lake City