Intermountain Healthcare Compliance Privacy Consultant - SelectHealth in Salt Lake City, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
The Compliance Privacy Consultant is responsible to implement and maintain the privacy compliance program at SelectHealth. This individual oversees processes to identify, track, and resolve privacy issues by investigating privacy compliance issues. The Consultant provides constancy and equity by coordinating with corporate compliance and legal.
Join us in our beautiful LEED certified that includes a state-of-the-art fitness center, a full-service cafeteria, and free covered parking. We offer excellent perks such as UTA discounts (including Front Runner), health and wellness programs, fabulous education and development opportunities!
Essential Job Duties
1. Serves as the principal liaison between SelectHealth and the Corporate Compliance Department on privacy issues, focusing on the development and review of privacy policies and procedures, and coordinating the investigation and resolution of privacy issues.
2. Develops, maintains, and publishes privacy policies and procedures.
3. Develops, organizes, and conducts privacy training.
4. Oversees processes to identify, track, and resolve privacy issues by investigating privacy compliance issues. Assists in the development of disciplinary action. Maintains appropriate documentation of compliance incidents reported.
5. Coordinates with the Corporate Compliance Department and other local Privacy Coordinators in the resolution of privacy grievances, if necessary interfacing with patients / members in resolution of privacy issues, and facilitates appropriate communication with regulatory agencies.
6. Supports internal departments to implement privacy requirements by researching and answering department specific privacy questions and investigating privacy compliance issues.
7. Oversees updates to Business Associate Agreements (BAAs).
8. Reviews, summarizes, and disseminates all federal regulations related to HIPAA administrative simplification regulations.
9. Acts as the representative required to be in attendance at Committee meetings which involve decisions related to the HIPAA Privacy Rule and/or administrative simplification regulations, including but not limited to the Data Access Committee.
10. Ensures comprehensive policies, procedures and guidelines exist for SelectHealth employees that are specific to SelectHealth's role as a payer.
11. Responds to Intermountain's CO Compliance Department on all federal and state regulatory issues related to HIPAA Privacy, Security, and/or Transaction Sets.
12. May supervise and/or mentor other coordinators as needed.
- Benefits Eligible: Yes - Benefits start the first of the month following start date!
- Shift Details : Full-time, Exempt
- Department : SelectHealth - Murray, Utah (Salt Lake City area). Located at the 5300 South exit at the I-15 freeway.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution, which will be verified.
- Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) designation. or Two years of progressive experience in the health care industry.
- Additional one year of experience in the health care industry or compliance.
- Five years of experience working in operations, legal, insurance, compliance, or regulatory-related roles requiring effective problem solving and analytical skills.
- Two years of experience in a role requiring knowledge of, and experience with, health care regulations.
- Two years of experience in a role requiring the demonstrated ability to effectively and confidently advise and interact with all levels of personnel, as well as experience dealing with highly sensitive and confidential material and adhering to data security and confidentiality protocols and procedures.
- Demonstrated intermediate level skills with word processing, presentation, spreadsheet and database software.
- Interact with others requiring the employee to communicate information.
- Operate computers and other office equipment requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- See and read computer monitors and documents.
- Remain sitting or standing for long periods of time to perform work on a computer, telephone, or other equipment
- Management or supervisory experience in a professional setting.
- Insurance operations experience.
- Strong analytical, fact-finding, problem solving, and organizational skills.
- Ability to clearly communicate complex issues and concepts orally and in writing.
- Ability to effectively and confidently advise and interact with all levels of staff.
- Thorough knowledge of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (HITECH), and the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA).
- Certification or designation related to healthcare or insurance compliance (e.g. CHC, RHIT, CHPS, etc.)
- Experience in a role requiring strategic thinking
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location SelectHealth
Expertise Business / Administration
Job Type Full Time
Location US-UT-Murray, US-UT-Salt Lake City