Intermountain Healthcare Continuous Improvement Consultant II in Salt Lake City, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
The position works under the guidance of the Continuous Improvement Director (or designee) to provide support and strategic direction to management and employees in multiple departments.
Essential Job Duties
- Ability to coach Director level leaders on the development and implementation of Daily Management
- Ability to effectively plan improvement events including overall facilitator departments and/or service lines
- Ability to develop data collection plan for large scale improvement events including Value Stream Management and Rapid Process Improvement Workshops. Ability to collect, analyze, display and effectively influence improvement actions of teams based on the data.
- Ability to develop relationships of influence with Director level leaders to the point the client actively seeks consultation. Ability to develop and manage a relationship of trust for these services over a series of months in parallel with improvement events.
- Become a role model and coach for others in the application of the Intermountain Continuous Improvement method
- Actively participates in the Continuous Improvement team, and provides design and implementation of Daily Management for project teams, ensuring that all members of the team are successful
- Actively participates in meetings and provides expertise on how to improve a wide-variety of operational issues including the development of agendas, tracking actions, critical decisions and the overall life cycle of improvement
- Ability to teach and show application of all components of the Intermountain Continuous Improvement method including the principles, system, tools, and the associated behaviors
- Ability to provide mentorship and coaching to all less-experienced members of the Continuous Improvement team to support their learning through application
- Develops consulting plans for engagements (i.e. workshops) under the broader umbrella of strategic initiatives
- Anticipates "what's next" for the Continuous Improvement team and other teams; staying ahead of the need to provide confidence and rationality to large scale efforts of improvement
- Supports the development of leader standard work for frontline leaders and ensures connection back to strategy deployment/prioritized improvement goals.
- Establishes effective working relationships and manages communications with project sponsors, project oversight group members, process owners and stakeholders
- Supports the strategy deployment cycle including the development and deployment of goals, the check/adjust process, and coaching leaders on Strategic A3 thinking.
- Delivers employee and leader education opportunities in event-based training, and other formal and informal educational opportunities. Champions and promotes the Continuous Improvement culture throughout the organization.
- Assists leadership in promoting and leading Continuous Improvement across the organization.
- Provide work-lead direction to other Continuous Improvement team members under the direction of the Continuous Improvement Director or designee
- Assists with recruiting, including initial screening calls, and makes recommendation to leadership team on fit with role and department
- Entry Rate: $32.49 (varies depending on experience)
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: M-F, business hours
- Department: Continuous Improvement
- Bachelor's Degree obtained through an accredited institution. Education is verified.
- One (1) year of experience of demonstrated experience in a Continuous Improvement Consultant or equivalent positionor Master's Degree obtained through an accredited institution. Education is verified.
- Working knowledge of business operations including basic leadership, analytical and financial principles, concepts, and methods
- Excellent computer skills including email, word processing, spreadsheets, and presentations.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Interact with others requiring employee to verbally communicate as well as hear and understand spoken information.
- Operate computers, telephones, office equipment, and manipulate paper requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- See and read computer monitors and documents.
- Remain sitting or standing for long periods of time to perform work on a computer, telephone, or other equipment.
- Master's Degree obtained through an accredited institution. Education is verified.
- Experience providing performance/process analysis and improvement in a health care setting
- Three (3) years working for an organization who has a formal improvement method such as Continuous Improvement, Lean, Six Sigma or other methods
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location Intermountain Medical Center
Expertise Business / Administration
Job Type Full Time
Location US-UT-Salt Lake City