Intermountain Healthcare Database Specialist / Desktop Publisher in Salt Lake City, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
Responsible for general database maintenance including data input, updates, running reports, and other database generated work products. Produces database generated correspondence and tracks assigned database generated updates and follow-up actions as directed. Generates and retrieves files for database input/consumption.
In addition to the activities listed above, this person will be responsible for managing communication with print services; providing support to internal creative services specialists by conducting patient outreach, booking locations, managing patient releases, and providing basic administrative support.
Essential Job Duties
- 1. Maintains assigned database and online repositories, using the database program effectively while adhering to protocol and process guidelines. Demonstrates proficiency using the assigned electronic tools.
- 2. Ensures database contains relevant, accurate information and maintains data accordingly.
- 3. Adheres to confidentiality, data security, and other Intermountain policies and procedures while working with highly sensitive information.
- 4. Acquires, interprets and enters data accurately and proficiently into the appropriate database and develops and creates data summaries and reports.
- 5. Completes data extraction, validation, data entry assignments in a timely manner.
- 6. Keeps track of data submission and coordinates with the others for timely completion in order to meet organization or regulatory requirements.
- 7. Educates, trains, and orients other individuals in acquiring, interpreting and entering data into associated tools / databases.
- 8. Responsible for the management of digital files, including the upload of all files to internal web pages.
- 9. Performs a variety of clerical functions, assisting management in planning, organizing, implementing, and accomplishing department day-to-day functions and goals. Makes interpretations and recommendations. May develop appropriate methods to handle information.
- 10. Utilizes and provides basic maintenance for all office equipment including computers, scanners, phone, fax machines, printers, and copiers. Ensure the office equipment and facility/work area is in proper working condition. Contacts the appropriate service provider (i.e. housekeeping, computer support, or office equipment vendor) to resolve any issues that arise. Coordinates regular maintenance as needed.
- 11. Orders, stocks, monitors, and maintains adequate office and other supply inventory levels.
- 12. Independently investigates assigned problems, determining method of research, data, and information requirements as well as analysis techniques.
- 13. May complete accounts payable, billing, and purchasing processes according to policy.
- Entry Rate: $15.79
- Benefits Eligible: List Yes or No
- Shift Details: M-F, daytime
- Department: Learning Network
- Additional Details: This is not a programming or IT position - we are looking for someone who can work with databases and assist with office work and desktop publishing.
- Experience in a role requiring a customer service oriented focus, conveying professionalism and displaying a high degree of tact and diplomacy.
- Two years direct experience with timely and accurate data entry.
- Two years experience using word processing, spreadsheet, database, internet and e-mail and scheduling applications.
- Experience in a role requiring effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Interact with others requiring the employee to communicate information.
- Operate computers and other IT equipment requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- See and read computer monitors and documents.
- Remain sitting or standing for long periods of time to perform work on a computer, telephone, or other equipment.
- Post-high school education in a communications, graphic design, or computer database management program.
- Experience in healthcare.
- Basic understanding of medical terminology.
- Two years direct experience with Access and MS Office suite
- At least one year direct experience with RTF and HTML file management
- Experience managing metadata
- Proficiency in InDesign and Photoshop.
- Two years direct experience in database management and report generation.
- Two years experience in a role requiring basic accounting skills, handling business correspondence and basic research and application of sound analytical thinking.
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location Central Offices
Expertise Business / Administration
Job Type Full Time
Location US-UT-Salt Lake City