Intermountain Healthcare Digital Experience Director - SelectHealth in Salt Lake City, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
The SelectHealth Digital Experience Director leads, directs, executes, and evaluates enterprise-scale strategies and initiatives that improve operational performance and service excellence through web, mobile, and other digital technologies. This position consults, advises, and collaborates with leaders and stakeholders at all levels throughout the organization to set the vision, objectives, and priorities for e-Business strategies and related operational changes. The Director oversees the execution of digital strategies and works with other leaders to facilitate operational changes.
The Digital Experience Director has strong business, operational, technical, and political experience and acumen to promote and influence multiple technical and business stakeholders around highly complex initiatives using diverse and leading-edge technologies to improve service delivery and operational excellence. This position is a self-directed, seasoned business manager who can lead change and pave the way for new digital technologies that support extraordinary care and service. This position is responsible for discovering, vetting, licensing and contracting, and managing technical professional services and enterprise-scale vended applications, systems, and content. The Director is responsible for the implementation and coordination of highly complex technologies. This position manages e-Business services and provides an extraordinary user experience to an assigned audience segment or channel (e.g., the consumer/external-facing channel, the employee/internal-facing channel, the authenticated patient channel, and the physician channel). The Director ensures coordination among the SelectHealth Service Experience leader(s), Intermountain Digital, Web, Mobile, and IS teams. This position is also responsible for product management of one or more application products (e.g., MyHealth, selecthealth.org, etc.).
Join us in our beautiful LEED certified that includes a state-of-the-art fitness center, a full-service cafeteria, and free covered parking. We offer excellent perks such as UTA discounts (including Front Runner), health and wellness programs, fabulous education and development opportunities!
Essential Job Duties
1. Consults and advises business, operational, and technical areas of the enterprise on how digital services can enhance service delivery, customer loyalty, operational efficiency, revenue generation, and cost savings.
2. Collaborates with stakeholders and customers to set vision, strategies, objectives, and priorities for e-Business service delivery and related operational changes.
3. Oversees digital services implementation from start to finish, including conceptualization, requirements definition and scoping, regulatory, compliance, security, privacy, and architectural review, user experience and technical design, software development and implementation, testing, and quantitative and qualitative evaluation for ongoing improvement.
4. Oversees the user experience for various websites, portals, mobile apps, and other digital services and advocates for funding, personnel, tools, and processes to execute on extraordinary online services.
5. Leads the process to discover, vet, acquire, implement, and optimize highly complex applications and systems that support digital service delivery.
6. Leads and inspires innovation and change with personnel inside the department, across the organization, and with partners outside the organization.
7. Manages, mentors, and develops a team of direct reports that includes business and technical disciplines. Advises and mentors personnel in other departments on principles and best practices for web and mobile usability, accessibility, design standards, information architecture, search, and technical architecture.
8. Continually updates knowledge of audience segments, and conducts ongoing surveillance of healthcare and non-health related sites to ensure that Intermountain's online properties provide high value content and functionality.
9. Provides business analyst functions when necessary to communicate application requirements, specifications, and user interface design to technical development personnel. Serves as project manager as necessary for highly complex initiatives involving multiple departments, stakeholders, applications, and systems.
10. Strategizes, plans, and implements promotional efforts and works collaboratively with other departments and operating units to promote online assets to customers.
11. Responsible for the day to day administrative duties related to managing direct reports including staffing, training, and providing performance feedback, coaching, and development, and recognition.
- Entry Rate: Commensurate with experience
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: Full-time, Exempt
- Department: SelectHealth - eBusiness
- Location: Murray, Utah (Salt Lake City area) at the 5300 south exit at the I-15 freeway.
- Bachelor's degree. Education must be obtained from an accredited institution. Degree will be verified.
- Seven years of product or project management experience in a role requiring strategic planning, design, development, implementation, management of personnel and teams, contracting with 3rd parties, and acquiring and implementing vended products.
- Experience working in business or operations, particularly with the audience segment for which the director is responsible.
- Proficiency in web and mobile usability and development of best practices.
- Experience in a role requiring strong organizational skills and impeccable attention to detail
- Experience in a role requiring successful accomplishment in management of organizational projects, excellent team leadership, team participation, and data analysis skills.
- Experience in a role requiring effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to travel throughout the system to meet with facility leadership to accomplish work as necessary.
- Interact with others requiring the employee to communicate information.
- Operate computers and other IT equipment requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- See and read computer monitors and documents.
- Remain sitting or standing for long periods of time to perform work on a computer, telephone, or other equipment.
- Master's Degree in Health Administration, Business Administration, or Information Systems.
- Formal project management training and PMP certification.
- Two years of experience in an Information Systems organization in the functional management role.
- Experience working in healthcare business and/or operations, particularly with the audience segment for which the director is responsible.
- Two years of experience in a healthcare provider setting.
- Four years of experience managing enterprise-scale, complex IT projects.
- Four years of experience with Healthcare IT technologies and applications.
- Formal study and demonstrated experience in organizational and cultural change management.
- Experience presenting to medium to large groups of clinicians, leaders and executives.
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location SelectHealth
Expertise Information Technology
Job Type Full Time
Location US-UT-Murray, US-UT-Salt Lake City