Intermountain Healthcare Echo/Vascular Reg I - Full Time - Primary Children's Hospital in Salt Lake City, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
This position is accountable for performing a variety of diagnostic cardiac/vascular exams under the direction of a physician for identification of abnormalities leading to patient diagnosis.
Essential Job Duties
- Prioritizes and schedules exams. Coordinates exams with medical staff, physician offices, other staff and patients.
- Prepares for the exam by follow patient identification processes, educating patient and family on procedure, and transporting the patient.
- Performs ultrasound exams consistent with related protocols and in a timely manner. Appropriately uses equipment, ensures patient safety and comfort, and achieves quality outcomes.
- After the exam returns patient to room and ensures patient stability and safety.
- Throughout process, identifies patient needs and appropriately communicates and coordinates patient care with physician, other staff, patient, and family.
- Appropriately documents exam results and other needed information. Accurately charges for exams and supplies.
- Cleans and maintains equipment and work area and stocks supplies. Follows appropriate channels to coordinate repair or supply needs.
- Supports team and quality improvement processes and initiatives.
- Participates in educational opportunities to ensure clinical competence and develop additional skills and knowledge.
- Provides education for other staff members, fellows, and students as appropriate.
- Entry Rate: $30.24
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: 36 hrs/wk; four 9-hour shifts per week
- Department: Echo Cardiology
- ARDMS or CCI certification in cardiac sonography.or ARDMS or CCI certification in vascular sonography.
- Successfully completed one vascular or echo registry (adult, pediatric, fetal) pertinent to the dept (beyond physics).
- Basic Life Support Certification (BLS) for healthcare providers.
- Hearing/Listening, Lifting, Manual Dexterity, Seeing, Standing.
- Bachelor degree.
- Pediatric Echo experience required.
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 36
Primary Work Location Primary Children's Hospital
Expertise Patient Care Support / Technicians
Job Type Full Time
Location US-UT-Salt Lake City