Intermountain Healthcare Executive Director - Homecare & Hospice in Salt Lake City, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
Care where you want it,
Designed with you in mind.
At Intermountain Homecare & Hospice, we understand that no two people are exactly the same. You have individual needs, goals, and preferences, and your healthcare should reflect that. You are the center of your care, and our team of caregivers will work with you to develop an individualized plan of care that reflects that.
No matter the stage of life, Intermountain Homecare & Hospice has our patient's in-home healthcare needs covered. Whether their care requires advanced medical equipment, IV medications, or just the occasional clinical visit to help them through their recovery, we have the experience and the know-how to take care of them. Our clinicians and caregivers are specialists, trained in the techniques that work best at home. Since we have some of the lowest hospital readmission rates in the country, when they come home with us, you can be assured that we will help them stay at home. We can also help arrange for any services and support in the community, including private-pay home care. If their treatment needs turn to comfort care in the end-stages of life, we are there for our patients as well.
Intermountain Homecare oversees a complex network of 11 Home Health and Hospice locations which serve the adult and pediatric populations, 14 Home Medical Equipment locations, 2 IV Therapy pharmacies, and 1 IV Clinic. These services are located throughout Utah and southern Idaho. Direct reporting to the Associate Chief Operating Officer for Community-Based care, this position will have 5-7 direct reports including Senior Directors of Post-Acute, Hospice and Palliative Care as well as Project Management Staff and Homecare Operators.
Successful candidates will have Executive Director level experience in the hospice, palliative and post-acute world. They are comfortable in a dyad business partner role with the clinical team to run effective business strategies. Our ideal candidate will ensure excellent, collaborative relationships with other Intermountain Healthcare facilities and partners as well as referral sources, physicians and the community. This person will demonstrate strong leadership by supporting the Intermountain Mission, Vision, and Values and implementing best practices. They will have a deep knowledge in the accountable care space and will know how to leverage key components to expertly run an innovative program. With a dynamic, strategic vision they will lead Intermountain’s Homecare and Hospice into the future as an industry standard to the nation with excellent patient care being at the forefront.
Essential Job Duties
1. Strategic Planning:
a. Develops and implements goals and strategies for success.
- b. Evaluates the needs of Homecare and evaluates requests for new/or deletion of old programs
- c. deemed necessary for the progression of Homecare.
- d. Participates in the interpretation of data significant for planning, evaluation and financing of the
- e. services provided and needed by each community.
f. Reviews recommendations for new technology and evaluates appropriateness of implementation in Homecare.
a. Oversees operations of the Executive Team.
- b. Motivates, coaches and acts as a resource for leadership.
- c. Is accessible to the staff and leadership.
- d. Promotes and facilitates a cost-effective continuum of care while maintaining quality and service.
e. Ensures that the board approved quality assurance and performance improvement (QAPI) activities are communicated throughout the organization as appropriate
a. Maintains a competent staff sufficient to meet Homecare needs.
- b. Provides timely and appropriate feedback including annual performance evaluations.
- c. Facilitates conflict resolution as needed.
- d. Motivates and coaches team for optimal performance.
e. Ensures staff is provided with opportunities for comprehensive orientation and on-going development activities
4. Service Quality:
a. Facilitates a positive Homecare image and promotes exceptional customer service.
- b. Resolves issues and concerns appropriately and in a timely manner.
- c. Fosters the growth and development of Homecare through positive representation with other
- d. Intermountain facilities and in the community.
- e. Evaluates data regarding Homecare services in order to improve current services. Helps develop and implement a successful marketing strategy.
- f. Maintains understanding of QAPI projects including progress and outcomes
- g. Supports QAPI activities by demonstrating involvement and encouragement of all activities.
h. Actively involved in removing barriers to change and acts as a change leader.
a. Maintains financial viability.
- b. Participates in capital and operating budget planning, implementation and monitoring to ensure financial viability.
- c. Oversees Homecare expenses (salaries, supplies, other expenses).
- d. Utilizes Intermountain Healthcare property as authorized (i.e. phones, vehicles, and computers).
e. Ensures allocation of resources for the maintenance of QAPI activities
a. Supports regulatory guidelines and Intermountain's policies to ensure operations are in compliance.
- b. Maintains accreditation and passes regulatory surveys
- Wage; Commensurate with experience
- Department: Homecare & Hospice
- Work Location: Salt Lake City, UT
- Masters degree in business, health care administration, public health, or a related administrative field. Degree must be obtained through an accredited institution. Education is verified.
- Eight years management experience in a health care setting
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership
- Demonstrated excellent strategic planning and problem-solving skills
- Interact with others requiring employee to verbally communicate as well as hear and understand spoken information.
- Operate computers, telephones, office equipment, and manipulate paper requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- See and read computer monitors and documents.
- Remain sitting or standing for long periods of time to perform work on a computer, telephone, or other equipment.
- Homecare management experience
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location HCS Salt Lake City Homecare
Expertise Business / Administration
Job Type Full Time
Location US-UT-Salt Lake City