Intermountain Healthcare Financial Analyst, Senior in Salt Lake City, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
This position is a senior financial analyst on the Corporate Capital Planning team. This position provides analysis and financial support related to capital budgeting, strategic planning, construction projects and ad-hoc analysis processes. Acting as a resource to the system, this role provides decision support to management, performs analysis on complex projects or programs and provides subject matter expertise to ensure sound financial operations.
Essential Job Duties
- Performs specifically defined tasks related to several routine and non-routine / complex functions (e.g. capital budget, financial modeling, strategic planning,). Accountable for timely and accurate completion of assigned tasks.
- Provides expertise with financial systems such as Hyperion, Strata, Charge Master, Contracting, Costing, EDW, ERP, patient access and operations, etc. to perform duties.
- Coordinates the preparation and review of financial analysis and ad hoc reports. Collects data from various Intermountain Healthcare data sources. Coordinates with others in gathering information, scheduling processes, and communicating issues.
- Prepares financial analysis and ad hoc reports. Works with internal customers to develop financial models for capital project proposals.
- Performs tasks requiring complex and more in-depth analysis to identify financial trends and economic and business forecasts of reporting outcomes and variances under limited supervisory direction.
- May perform intermediate to expert-level programming including designing, developing, and testing queries, programs, and automation procedures for collecting and reporting data using knowledge of spreadsheets and database software programs.
- Partners with internal customers to provide timely and accurate financial analysis.
- Acts as a system expert and resource for others on financial modeling and processes. May act as a problem solver and mentor for others.
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Department: Finance Strategy
- Office Location: Central Offices - Salt Lake City, Utah
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business with four years of professional experience conducting and evaluating routine financial analysis,or Master's degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business with two years of experience conducting and evaluating routine financial analysis. Degree must be obtained through an accredited institution. Education is verified.
- Experience in a role with budgeting and finance tracking responsibilities.
- Experience in a role requiring effective project management skills, a high degree of accuracy, and sound decision making with limited supervision.
- Experience using word processing, spreadsheet, database, internet and e-mail, and scheduling applications.
- Experience in a role requiring effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Interact with others requiring the employee to communicate information.
- Operate computers and other office equipment requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- See and read computer monitors and documents.
- Remain sitting or standing for long periods of time to perform work on a computer, telephone, or other equipment.
- Two years of complex financial modeling experience
- Experience with healthcare finance and insurance payment models
- Experience with SQL
- MBA or Masters in Finance or Masters in Accounting
- Knowledge of Intermountain Healthcare finances and financial processes.
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location Central Offices
Expertise Business / Administration
Job Type Full Time
Location US-UT-Salt Lake City